I'd really like to see the loan system expanded/improved for FM13...

Once you take a team and establish them as contenders every year, you find yourself knee deep in talented youngsters in the 19/20/21 year old range. Yet I can never seem to get enough teams to bite on loans for them, except if I send them to a feeder team (but more on that below).

Firstly, I'd like to see more interest when you offer players on loan. I offer some talented youngsters, easily capable of starting for plenty of lower league teams, and offer to pay 100% of their wages, yet still get either no bites or only 2-3 teams with plans to use them as cover only. I feel like this is pretty underwhelming and leads to too many of my youngsters rotting because I can never send them on loan.

Also, I would also like to have a "Only respond if loanee would play in first team" option when offering players for loan. As mentioned above, I don't like when I offer talented youngsters on loan, who have great stats (for a lower league team), only to have to wade through offers to use them as cover. Atleast having this option would save us all some time.

Also, when sending players down to feeder teams, I would like my coaches (or the team themselves) to inform me what role my player would play. This could be done in the same email where you confirm the transfer, for example. This is simply another helpful addition and would help.

Finally, I would like a player interaction option for youngsters to say something like "Just go on loan here please, it's the only way you'll get minutes and improve" when/if this player refuses to go on loan to a certain team. Again, I feel hand tied when this happens as it is rare enough to find a good match for loaning players, and the last thing I want is my player to refuse the assignment.

AGREED:applause:

But I made similair post ( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304357-Does-this-annoy-you-too-in-fm2012? ), because yeah your idea is good but this only deals with talents from your club what about the clubs that are lead by the computer? the computer never offers to pay 100% of the loans so that another club can use them for free so still those talents will never become good and in a few years the amount of good players is so poorly that you can easily win by just getting the few best players there are.

About the offers, if you are playing FM12 then it's easy to see if they are offering first team football or cover for the first team through the transfer centre, you can accept and reject all bids with a couple of clicks.

I agree that the loaning system could be improved, the main culprit(as in other areas of the game) is probably reputation..

Yes as I have said many times before (and not only me), the problem isn't that clubs aren't interested. It is that young players who are far from being contenders for first team action, as seen in the squad depth screen, have no interest in moving at all.

"You're the last in line for your right-back role, there are three better players in front of you in the queue. You won't play much this year; perhaps a couple of cup matches if you are lucky. You should go on loan to a club where you are 1st or 2nd choice in order to get first team experience, so you can reach your undoubtedly high potential. I see that Leeds in The Championship wants you as their main man. Large fan-base, good facilities. Would be good for you - if you could dominate in that league, you would be much closer to first team football. What do you say?"

"NO ME WANNA STAY WANNA PLAY ME BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD"

... good job, SI

Yes, I think the biggest fault of the current loan system is your point about offering to pay 100% of wages and still not getting any takers. How is that even possible? "Here, take this prospect for free!" shouldn't be met with no response. At the very least, some very low division clubs should submit offers.

As to your point about players refusing to go on loan...I sort of like that feature. As frustrating as it is, it does present a bit of realism to see a potential star throw away an opportunity. Goofs.

Archived