FM2012 won't launch from Steam

Seems to have happened since it updated to patch 12.2. I click the "play" button within Steam and it says the game is launching but then it doesn't in fact launch. Also, I've noticed Steam thinks there is "no connection" despite me being connected to the internet, not sure if that is relevant or not though. I'm on a MAC and had previously been running the game through Steam with no issues.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

I have the exact same problem. I played it a couple of days ago, and when I tried to launch it today and it says "Preparing to launch Football Manager 2012...". Usually when the box disappears the game starts, but not today. I've been searching through several FAQ's and googling for a long time now.

No offense, but restarting the computer is a no-brainer.

If anyone has found out the problem, or has any idea what to do, it will be greatly appreciated.

• Administrators
I have the exact same problem. I played it a couple of days ago, and when I tried to launch it today and it says "Preparing to launch Football Manager 2012...". Usually when the box disappears the game starts, but not today. I've been searching through several FAQ's and googling for a long time now.

No offense, but restarting the computer is a no-brainer.

If anyone has found out the problem, or has any idea what to do, it will be greatly appreciated.

See here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304742-FM2012-not-running-on-Mac-SI-aware-and-looking-into-it

Thanks.

Archived