PDA

View Full Version : HTC Desire S - Played one season now wont load.

DWCallaghan
15-04-2012, 13:49
I have finished a season in 2 days but now my save wont load. I have auto save switched off, just use manaual save. Now when I get to main screen and hit continue game, it very quicky says loading data but then stays at main screen. Also If I try to use the close game button nothing happens either !! new game and preferences are ok.
But tried starting a new game, then it wouldn't let me quit !!

Shoud I de install and start again ?

DWCallaghan
15-04-2012, 14:15
Deinstalling didnt work.

Alari Naylor
15-04-2012, 14:22
Can you try fully rebooting the phone first of all?

DWCallaghan
15-04-2012, 14:26
rebooted, switched off, tried everything.

I have deinstalled, reinstalled and have now started a new game. Waste of a season but as long as this one works. I am now able to load, play, and exit the new save. Should I just delete the old save and put it down to bad experiance ?

Alari Naylor
15-04-2012, 14:36
rebooted, switched off, tried everything.

I have deinstalled, reinstalled and have now started a new game. Waste of a season but as long as this one works. I am now able to load, play, and exit the new save. Should I just delete the old save and put it down to bad experiance ?

You're welcome to send me the old save if you like just so I can have a look at what's happened to it. A guide on how to do so is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file?p=7729086&viewfull=1#post7729086

Just to check, you didn't have anything strange happening while saving at any point such as the phone running out of battery or being plugged/unplugged into or out of a computer?

It may be worth turning on Autosave as well as using the manual saves, just to provide you with a backup in case something similar happens in future.

DWCallaghan
15-04-2012, 15:42
You're welcome to send me the old save if you like just so I can have a look at what's happened to it. A guide on how to do so is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file?p=7729086&viewfull=1#post7729086

Just to check, you didn't have anything strange happening while saving at any point such as the phone running out of battery or being plugged/unplugged into or out of a computer?

It may be worth turning on Autosave as well as using the manual saves, just to provide you with a backup in case something similar happens in future.

nothing funny done, save sent.

Alari Naylor
15-04-2012, 16:20
Thanks - got it now, will have a look at it tomorrow!

DWCallaghan
16-04-2012, 13:58
cheers, thanks.

New game seems to be ok, so it must be something with that save.

Alari Naylor
16-04-2012, 14:26
Hi again.

Had a look at your save now and there appears to be a large chunk of data missing from the end of it, which is why it won't load. It seems as if somehow the saving's been interrupted - if you can think of anything that might have caused that to happen?

I definitely recommend leaving autosave on just so that there's a backup if something similar happens again, the autosaves go into separate slots and so won't overwrite your manual save.

DWCallaghan
16-04-2012, 18:08
Nope, dont have a clue.
Will just delete the save then and continue with the save I have now. Many thanks for looking.

Alari Naylor
16-04-2012, 18:28
Oh well, will remain a mystery then. Sorry that we couldn't get it working again for you.

DWCallaghan
16-04-2012, 19:00
Not a problem.