What type of team is the best for a ST with potential?

I'm at Southampton in the Premiership, very far into the game now and I've got a decent little striker with bags of potential... He can't find a way past my strikers at the moment and I am sending him out on loan... but what type of team would benefit him the most?

- A team where he would walk into the first XI every week and would bang loads of goals? or;

- A team where he would be third choice striker, making him work hard to get off the subs bench and into that XI so he can shine?

His determination stat is 16 and is lightning quick but finishing lets him down. What club would you send him to?

EDIT: This goes for any player to be honest, not just forwards. If you had a player to send out on loan, would you want him to be receiving MotM awards every week or fighting his way into the XI and grabbing occasional chances?

I generally like to send my players to where I know they will get games. I also like to look at the facilities of the club they are going to if its a long term deal. Some lower league clubs have good facilities and so I tend to look for a balance between the two.

It's better for him to walk into the first XI every week just as long as he is playing against opposition that is adequate to his current ability, players at that age need first and foremost to play a lot but there's no point in sending him on loan to a league that is really weak compared to his current ability, so if he already is a good championship striker it's pointless sending him to league one even if he is going to play a lot and dominate the league.

So answering your question it's always better to send players to teams that ensure they will have first team football but you need to check if they have good facilities, a decent manager and if the level of play is appropriate for your prospect.

I have seen premier league teams loan players to the championship, and that player get regular first team football, if i recall said newgen from spurs got ipswich to the premier league lol

so it is up to you, if the player is good enough the loan offers from those teams will come in.

Definatly first team or key player status if possible. Puts pressure on them to perform each week. At the end of the day more games means more experience.

You also have to make sure they are in a good team. It doesn't help their morale loosing all the time.

Archived