Does this annoy you too in fm2012?

Two things have bugged me in the last fm games and hope it won't be in the next one, but I wanted to know if this happens with you too and if it annoys you as much as I do :p

1. Youth players don't grow in stats quickly they really need a lot of matches in the first team and a good training to get to their maximum PA. Like playing at smaller clubs on loan or playing in second team and youth team doesn't give them much experience. Of course playing in youth teams should benefit them less than playing in main team but now it just going so slow that especially with clubs controlled by an AI; the players grow so slow that no one wants them on loan and so they stuck in youth and b-team and then when they hit 20 or something they still have such a low CA that they are eventually sold to mediocre clubs and never even get close to their PA :(. Some even stop playing because they don't get offered a new contract and then are so bad that not even other low league clubs want them. And this even have happens to players with very good PA's. And so in my games for example many dutch youth players who could become very good never make it and newly generated players also won't become good so in a few years there are only a few players who reached the top (mainly the ones that I worked with) and then the game is all about who can get those few good players in one team because then you are the best club. There are not many other good players anymore so there won't be many clubs with other good players.

2. The AI coaches should have more diverse and unique characters, like now I see so many tactics that are the same and usually that don't fit the club nor the players that the AI has. And too stick with my example in a few years the dutch division consists mainly out of foreign players, because all coaches just buy players from abroad instead of investing in youth or buying players from clubs out of same country. It just ridiculous to see that like the club culture isn't respected at all. Ajax that doesn't play 4-3-3, Heerenveen that doesn't really buy Scandinavians no more or lets their dutch youth make it to the top or what about Feyenoord having not even 1 dutch player in it, but bought mediocre players from east-europe, africa, asia and south america -_-

Can't they give the AI coaches more parameters and the clubs more parameters so that some clubs force you to follow their club culture or some coaches play as they would do in real life or prefer players with same nationality as their competition or same nationality as themselves :p?

Regarding number 1.. i don't find that to be true at all, you just need to ensure that the youngsters have a good personality and are getting good match experience and they can develop very fast, loans can be useful though depending on the league it can be hard to find a club to loan them.. in my experience it's easier to loan players out while playing in England, it's where feeder clubs can be very useful.

I agree about number 2, the amount of teams that just play 442 it's too high, specially on countries where it's not a traditional formation like Holland or Portugal.

@ coentrao

I am not talking about myself, I have no problem either letting youngster get good, but as I said in my post it about the AI! The AI is very bad at getting players get good. They buy too many foreign players instead of loaning players out or by giving them time in first team. Like there are hardly any youth players playing in the other clubs in my competition. For example Castillion has a great potential in my game but now he isn't worth anything because the AI didnt invest in him or made sure other clubs hired them. So again i have no problem with getting players good, but it is the AI that isn't good. So if the CA would climb faster than youth players would get good quicker and therefore be used earlier in main team by the computer and that makes them grow even faster.

@ scott

well so you do agree than 2 with point 2 XD

Because you also see that many trainers use the same tactic.

yea they dont, and the AI are buying average potential newgens as well, all the newgens in my game have been bad but buying 3 star newgens? lol

Hahah with me, national teams like Spain, Netherlands and England are dropping quickly out of tournaments because there are only like 2 or 3 good national players left, all due to fact that the national competition exists only out of foreigners and only rarely wonderkids are used by the clubs (so only a few get the chance to live up to their potential).

National teams like small east europeans ones are doing fairly good because youth players there are quickly the best players in their national competition (mainly due to fact that the clubs have a small reputation so they don't have good other players, so they will use youth players more quickly) and so in my game atleast Croatia has a good national team :S Better than Spain -_-

croatia develops decent newgens though. i have seen that.

yeah ofc i get that, but spain and netherlands generate good newgens 2 but they don't get a chance to develop because they never get playtime by their AI coach. Then the AI puts them on Loan list but of course if they don't offer them properly of loan them away for cheap no one wants them, so eventually they are 21 and still not good players and then they are being sold to very small club or just don't get new contract and leave club for free but never make it to their potential because their talent has been wasted. Croatian talents get more chance, because the club doesn't have other good players so the competition within the club isn't great so the chance that a talent breaks through is much bigger.

I would love to see some teams play 0-0-10. everyone plays, 4-3-3 , 4-4-2 , 4-1-2-1-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2. But then again it's pretty much the only systems used in real life they are by far the most popular but i do agree a lot of teams play 4-4-2 in england ( but they do in real life i'm talking from premier league to league 2 ) in brazil every team plays 4-2-2-2, in spain a lot of 4-2-3-1's and 4-3-3's .don't know i think it's fairly realistic

So it doesn't frustrate you guys that the AI managers are terrible: they buy worthless players (or players that aren't that much better than they ones they allready have), they don't rotate, they don't use youth much.

In my game Eriksen is now playing in the second division of germany because the AI never used him even though he had so much potential but because he wasn't good enough at the beginning he wasn't used.

I am (still) playing FM11, and if I didn't think other managers were a challenge I don't think I would still play. Players don't stop developing at 21. Of course if you haven't developed at all by then, its a different story. But I find a lot of players (for me) have developed well from 22-25, if I give them first team playing time, and criticize them when they do poorly (whether in training or in games).

The opposition at the top level tend to stick with established players. Their average squad age is closer to 27 or 28 most times, while mine will be 21-23 at most times (not necessarily avg age of first team, but the overall squad). I understand the approach, those players have better developed mental games. But I like a physical team, so a player with declining physical attributes, never mind a squad full of them, is out of the question.

scott, 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 aren't all that different. 4-2-3-1 just means two midfielders sit back, and one goes forward, into 'the hole' and plays behind the central forward (who is flanked by wingers/wide forwards). 4-3-3 again has 3 midfielders, and the front 3 can either be 2 wingers and a striker or all strikers (rare!).

So it doesn't frustrate you guys that the AI managers are terrible: they buy worthless players (or players that aren't that much better than they ones they allready have), they don't rotate, they don't use youth much.

In my game Eriksen is now playing in the second division of germany because the AI never used him even though he had so much potential but because he wasn't good enough at the beginning he wasn't used.

I have to disagree with the first point because if you look at any game that has progressed 20 years or so, there is a higher number of players considered World Class than there are at the start of the game, so the AI must be doing something right.

Archived