There needs to be a "I'm sorry, but I have tried to get you out of the club" option...

Been chatting with a couple of my less than fringe players and they are unhappy at not being played. I am always of the option that it is better to try and get rid of them for both our sakes. When they become unhappy, I always say that I will let them go and that will be that, Ill transfer list them or loan list them and try to move them on the summer, which invariably, never happens. So, some months after the new season has started, they are still cheesed off. My only options, that I can see are -

a) Start an argument about me being the decision maker

b) Tell them ill give them a chance in the first team, which I wont because they aren't good enough, thus lying to them

or c) tell them again that I will try to move on, which never happens.

There are two problems here - It is impossible to sell your players, especially fringe players, and there are no new options to give to the player.

So the situation has re-arisen, and I need to think of something to say. What I would like to say is -

"Sorry son, I tried to get you a new team. Either lump it and run down your contract or terminate it now"

Archived