Villas-Boas

After 20 years he's finally found a home on my save, coming up to the 5 year mark at Manchester United & he's been reasonably successful too.

He's definitely changed clubs a lot on mine, but only been sacked for about half of his moves. He's gone from Chelsea (sacked), Everton, Inter (sacked), Osasuna, Stuttgart, Man Utd, Sevilla (sacked), back to Inter (sacked again), back to Chelsea, and then to Real Madrid where he's been manager for 5 years now, where he's won the Champions League for 3 of those years.

I've noticed this too haha wondered if it was just me. He always gets sacked in my games are spends a few years at mid table teams, every game i think he'll do better and he never does.

Just had a look in my FM11 save and he's been quite the traveling man here as well. Went from Porto>Frankfurt>Feyenoord>Hannover>Getafe>Werner Bremen and is currently at Cagliari in 2018, after getting sacked at Porto he has not lasted a year at any of the clubs, though if he makes it through the month at Cagliari he will pass a year and set a new personal longevity record :D

He's been all over the place on my save. After Chelsea he went to Lazio for just over a year before leaving to join Aston Villa. He didn't do very well for Villa though and got sacked after 5 months. Before that season was over he had taken over at West Ham where he stayed for a good year. He then jumped ship to Bayern Munich and that is where he has remained for the time being. He's got them up to 2nd in the league so perhaps he's found a team he can stay with for a while now.

After three seasons, he is still at Chelsea on mine, though he's coming out of contract and there is the usual messages that Chelsea may lose him. Chelsea finished third behind Arsenal and Man United, and just above Man City and Liverpool. SAF and Redknapp have just retired and in fact there has been a general knock on affect down the Prem and Champ as managers sign for a higher club, but Villas has not moved.

Jose Mourinho is currently ruining his legacy in my save

Sacked in the first season by Real Madrid, goes to Inter, sacked after two seasons, goes to Chelsea, sacked after a season, goes to Man City, Sacked after a season, goes to Getafe, sacked after 2 seasons, goes to Deportivo, stays for 6 months, goes to manage Portugal.

Went to Newcastle, got sacked, then QPR then he left for Manchester United. Has won Manager of the Month 6 times, runner up for Manager of the year in 2015/16, 3rd place for Manager of the Year in 14/15.

Won the League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and made a Champions League final but lost to Barca in Extra Time.

It is weird, though - almost as if his preferred tactics are actually useless. Any manager would surely learn and try to adapt so he doesn't fail abysmally, more so someone like Villas-Boas who is addicted to detail and statistics. And it's not like Villas-Boas is a terrible manager.

It is weird, though - almost as if his preferred tactics are actually useless. Any manager would surely learn and try to adapt so he doesn't fail abysmally, more so someone like Villas-Boas who is addicted to detail and statistics. And it's not like Villas-Boas is a terrible manager.

Indeed. In My save, he is playing à wide 4231 with huge amounts Of space between his defence and midfield, along with à direct 451 just loosing out in possession all the time.

He normally gets sacked early on with chelsea then lives in my shadow if i go in the same league as him, his stats don't represent how good he is because he seems to be a poor ai manager! always trys the mind games with me because i've beaten him to the premier league, spanish league, serie A and the champions league, i kind of pitty him now.

Villas-Boas has finally been sacked by Chelsea in the middle of the fourth season, with Chelsea languishing in 7th with Watford breathing down their neck. So pretty realistic (Watford are doing an Ipswich/Reading first season back in the Prem). I'll see where he pitches up next.

Archived