I'm excited about this regen!

I'm currently focusing his training on his fitness as he seems to tire quickly, especially in the advanced playmaker role that I play him in.

Just had some bloody bad luck, he's just torn his calf muscle, out for 3-4 months... :(

I'm currently focusing his training on his fitness as he seems to tire quickly, especially in the advanced playmaker role that I play him in.

Just had some bloody bad luck, he's just torn his calf muscle, out for 3-4 months... :(

Yeah hate that when a young player you're trying to build got injured... undone months worth of training :( basically this is what kills a potentially great player into an average player. Do you tutor him? I think tutoring is a loophole for injuries since with tutoring he can still increase his mental game even with the injury. I'd say he'd make an excellent AM once he's filled up, the kind that can find holes between Def/Mid and either drill longshots or run up to finish/create plays up top... excited for you too :p

I think he will be a good decision maker, who will probably whip in some useful free kicks and even score the occasional one. Looks like he is well-rounded, and makes good decisions, and is determined already, I would have hoped for a bit better pace, teamwork, technique or passing, but its early days! Injury setbacks are always painful. My only solution to it is squad depth, and in the case of youngsters, lots of promising ones! :D

I thought his crossing and anticipation were quite good, and that he would only make use of it really on his set pieces, but this might be another option. Since the lad is out injured, though, I think we are just twisting the knife talking about his potential :)

Retrain him as a wide man IMO. His Passing and technique are low for a creative mid and Positioning and Tackling low for a box to box player.

That's an option, I will look in the possibility of retraining him when he's fit again. I was using him as an advanced playmaker/attacking midfielder depending on the opposition, and letting him run at defences and unleash long shots.

He could also be lethal if you train him to play on his weak footed side. With 16 long shots if you could get his technique up a bit he will score bucket loads cutting in and curling them at the far post (like robben)

Yeah id agree training him as a winger could be good and give him focus training on crossing and quickness over the next few years, he has good composure so if you get his crossing up he will be able to put good balls into the box, and if you get his pace up with dribbling already that high he will ghost past people, good regen like id be excited about working on him.

Shame about his Natural Fitness. Quite a few of the FM12 regens I've seen posted have low Natural Fitness, is it a coincidence? This and low jumping are a problem in FM10 but I thought it had been sorted out.

I don't think there's a widespread issue. At least it's not in my game. I have 13 regens in my current first team squad and only two of them have NF under 10, and one of those has it at 9. Most are around 15. And I don't think I've paid specific attention to that attribute when signing them. Similar ratio in my youth team as well. Haven't noticed a trend elsewhere either.

I feel the regens are pretty well balanced in FM12 really. No obvious bad trends (like midget centre backs) as far as I can see.

Archived