Does this really happen in the real world as well as in game?

Well I m manager of PSG and have been enjoying my game, and making profits every month except June every year. The reason is that the french window opens early june and my new signings come in, but the ones leaving dont leave as the other windows are not open, so I am paying out more wages that I planned on.

Does this happen really, or is there some sort of understanding in place?

This quite common, it is also why big money transfers seem to occur on the last days of transfer windows. The buying club can keep the potential transfer fee in their bank gaining interest, and they doubly save on the prospective player's future wages whilst they wait.

But, you have to compromise on FM; do you want a player in early to blend with your current players, or do you wish to save some money?

I just take the wage hit for a month and make it up on player sales the month after. Another thing i don't quite understand is how OM and OL can spend 50mil+ every season on transfers and still survive, even if they don't win the league. its been 50mil+ for OM for every season for 9 seasons. And maybe 7 out of the 9 for OL.

OL not won a league title at all in that time.

This sint just 50mil spent, this is their profit/loss from transfers, so bought - sold.

Surely the players will be on holiday so won't actually meet up and bond until they return for pre-season training. Should be able to arrange the date of transfer for the start of pre-season training!

Archived