The double standards of 'holiday' mode

Occasionally, I will use holiday mode to skip matches that I can't be bothered to play or to skip the remaining matches after my season is effectively over. However, I've noticed that there is a blatant double standard when using holiday mode. If your team does well then the assistant manager will receive the accolades but, should you perform poorly, you get the blame and even sacked.

Why is there this double standard?

----------

To prevent me from starting a new thread, I have another question. How do I prevent internationals from being displayed on the processing screen? Every international break cripples my laptop and takes forever processing, but I really couldn't care less about how Ethiopia did. Whenever I'm unemployed this isn't an issue and I wouldn't even know when the internationals were taking place, but when I'm employed it is really obvious.

Thanks.

I agree, I think the manager should be criticised for not turning up regardless of the result.

I was thinking much the same, if an assistant does well he gets credit as he has done a good job in addition to his normal duties. If you lose, it is obviously your fault as you, the actual manager, couldn't be bothered to turn up. I can't see how any situation could be positive for a manager on holiday.

So the Assistant wins, but you want the accolades? For hiring him? For having the sense to put him in charge of the game rather than yourself? My assistant manager has had to do some interviews where the media are asking him about MY 600th game at the club :) He handles them well, hence he still has a job!

I didn't say that. I was merely pointing out the double standard that exists with this function.

I think in a way it is right. The assistant should take the credit if he wins games. BUT the game should take note that the actual manager has decided to take a holiday and skip the game if it is like this, not JUST giving credit to the assistant when things go well and if it doesn't the manager just get the blame without even mentioning the fact he isn't even there. ;)

But then again, I see no point in using the holiday mode except in between games. The results are completely random and sometimes just silly. I think you would fare better managing those games rather than leaving it to the "assistant" as the result will just be made up. I remember in one of the games I put together a super team and placed them in the BSS. I was unemployed and simply holidayed and they at times struggled to score, even dropped points and lost a few games and well, the games were often pretty close. Actually going to the games and forcing the matchengine to work showed me that they would never let the opposition a sniff over the halfwayline. So from that time on I can only assume holidaying only brings up some random results not much caring for what teams are playing. Or at least, very little calculating is going on...at least that is how I see it, not saying it is so.

I didn't say that. I was merely pointing out the double standard that exists with this function.

There's no double standard Thomas as as been clearly explained by other posters. Your assistant does a good job in your absence, he deserves the accolades. You go on holiday and results go against you, you get the criticism & possibly the sack for laziness.

This is all perfectly fair & just!

Where's the double standard?

I say this as one who also takes match day off on holiday so I don't have to watch the game (boring). If results go down, I would expect the flack to come my way!

If you go on holiday and ask assistant to take control of everything and the team does poorly, you get sacked and the board often replace you with..........the same assistant that got the team in the mess in the first place!

Gotta love the irony.

FM -> Detail level -> Switch off what you don't want :-)

I mentioned in the OP that I have it set at 'minimum' but it still shows 20+ results each pass and is totally irrelevant to my life. When I'm unemployed I don't see the results, so they can obviously be processed discretely.

Archived