Demands money to move

Something I have always wondered for a while now, and always thought it was one-sided. If you are trying to sell a player, said player can come to you and ask you to continue to make some sort of payment to him until his contract ends for him to accept a lower paid contract with another club.

Why is it then, that when I offer a contract to a player, and I can't afford to pay him what he want's due to wage budget constraints, that I can't tell him to go to his club and ask them to make up the 'shortfall'?

It's possible it does happen behind the scenes. If he is on 25k a week, he may accept 18k from you and then go to his club to ask for the rest. Obviously it's unlikely to work if you can only offer him 8k or something like that! As it's between the player and his current club it's unlikely you would see it happen.

@Carbs, it does happen in FM12. I've got 3 players that I'm currently paying part wages for who I sold, the glorious legacy of the previous manager and overpaid rubbish!

@Carbs, it does happen in FM12. I've got 3 players that I'm currently paying part wages for who I sold, the glorious legacy of the previous manager and overpaid rubbish!

Have you seen an AI controlled club paying part of the wages of a player you've signed though? That's the issue here.

I may be wrong, but weren't the 'live' contract negotiations new for FM12? That's why I'm not convinced it is possible on FM12.

I guess we won't know for sure until someone sees it or someone from SI confirm it.

In the past though its been rare and judging from Miles' original blogs the changes to contracts suggest refinement/improvement rather than rewrite. If this was the case and with no reason to think that SI would write it out I would lean towards it still being in.

No, they were new on FM11. Plus there's still the usual few days or so wait for the contract to be formally accepted and the transfer confirmed which is when you'll see it so the change to contract negotiations doesn't make a difference. I was just thinking that you don't see it happening to the AI because it wouldn't be something you'd get a message about, though as someone has proof that's probably wrong.

No, they were new on FM11. Plus there's still the usual few days or so wait for the contract to be formally accepted and the transfer confirmed which is when you'll see it so the change to contract negotiations doesn't make a difference. I was just thinking that you don't see it happening to the AI because it wouldn't be something you'd get a message about, though as someone has proof that's probably wrong.

There is a fair chance that people miss it as you don't get a separate message, its simply (At least in FM11) an extra line on the news item when you sign the player.

It has happened to me on fm12. The player in question asked to leave after falling out with me. About 6 months later I managed to get an offer for the **** after he had missed training a load of times. He then demanded money to leave!

It is the other way around that I'm looking for. No one seems to have had a player they have signed get paid part of his wages by his former club.

It sounds like it is possible, but no one seems to have confirmed it yet.

Something I have always wondered for a while now, and always thought it was one-sided. If you are trying to sell a player, said player can come to you and ask you to continue to make some sort of payment to him until his contract ends for him to accept a lower paid contract with another club.

Why is it then, that when I offer a contract to a player, and I can't afford to pay him what he want's due to wage budget constraints, that I can't tell him to go to his club and ask them to make up the 'shortfall'?

Or when you are trying to flog a player who wants, say 10k/w for the rest of his contract, you can't come back to him and offer him 5k/w or a lump sum to leave.

Archived