wayne rooney looking for a new challange?

Does Rooney love Man Utd? Really? I think we've seen before in real life that he can be turned away. As for the success, it seems that it is constant regular success that often causes players to want a new challenge in the game. Whether this is realistic is up for debate.

I've had this in my save. He says he wants to go so i offer him to clubs then he eventually says he wants to stay. He's been doing this every season for the past 3 years. Recently he has asked to be romoved from the transfer list (which he has been) but still says in his info that he's worried im not finding him a new club.

I've had this in my save. He says he wants to go so i offer him to clubs then he eventually says he wants to stay. He's been doing this every season for the past 3 years. Recently he has asked to be romoved from the transfer list (which he has been) but still says in his info that he's worried im not finding him a new club.

That part of it is stupid. When has it ever been a manager's job to find his wantaway players new clubs? What the hell do they employ their agents for?

That part of it is stupid. When has it ever been a manager's job to find his wantaway players new clubs? What the hell do they employ their agents for?

I wouldnt mind too much if he just made his mind up one way or the other, but to ask to stay then be concerned im not finding him a new club is annoying. Maybe the agent should play a more active roll in finding him a new club once instructed too. No club will make an offer for him due to his age (im in 2017) and high wages.

Can we make a giant, concrete version of this statement and have it hurled at SI Towers, please?

I have a group of players at my club who all arrived between ages 17-20, and went on to become first team stars. To have them queue up in a line to request a new challenge was a little upsetting! After everything I do for them, develop them from youngsters, bring them to the biggest stage in football, and after winning the Champions League once or twice they want to move on? I just think there should be an element of top players at their peak wanting to stay with a successful club, then once they are older and not playing as big of a role I can see them wanting a new challenge then. But first teamer, in a successful squad? Come on!

This reminds me of the old Championship Manager back in the day when after winning everything, you'd get the dreaded message that your best player was 'expected to move abroad at the end of the season'. Unlike FM though - there was absolutely nothing you could do about it. You didn't get a chance to reject bids or even negotiate to get as much money as possible - you'd simply get that message - the message you dreaded - and then be told at the end of the season that whoever it was had been sold to a team abroad for x million pounds.

Man I miss those days - life was so simple back then....

This happened to me alot in FM11. I was winning everything and some players who I'd had from 16/17 years old were getting bored after 10 years or more. Some changed their minds, others I sold for big money.

Archived