saving my fm game to use on another laptop?

yep... course.. and as mije said.... you will need the same version of the game on your new setup for the save to work...

you'll find your save at :

C:\Users\<your user>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games

Takes literally a minute it sooo easy

I have asked the question multiple times with no answer -

You also need to copy something to keep the hall of fame stats...

It would be great if someone could clarify what it is you need to copy to the new laptop...

Just getting ignored again.

Can someone please explain what you need to copy to a new laptop to keep the hall of fame stats?

• 2 weeks later...

Another easy thing to do with multiple computers is use a free Dropbox account or any other online storage program that syncs. I have my main desktop and a laptop that I play on. I have Dropbox pointed at my FM folders I want on both computers. It makes it an easy set and forget way to have everything on both. As Im playing on my desktop anytime the game saves Dropbox will see that and move the new file to my laptop within a couple minutes. Same goes if Im playing on my laptop. The game saves and it moves it to my desktop so no matter which one I sit at I have my most up to date save file without having to do anything. It also gives you an online backup should something happen to your computers.

Another easy thing to do with multiple computers is use a free Dropbox account or any other online storage program that syncs. I have my main desktop and a laptop that I play on. I have Dropbox pointed at my FM folders I want on both computers. It makes it an easy set and forget way to have everything on both. As Im playing on my desktop anytime the game saves Dropbox will see that and move the new file to my laptop within a couple minutes. Same goes if Im playing on my laptop. The game saves and it moves it to my desktop so no matter which one I sit at I have my most up to date save file without having to do anything. It also gives you an online backup should something happen to your computers.

I do the exact same thing - and i've been wondering why i've never made it to greatest manager of all time despite winning multiple EPLs, CLs, FA Cups, SPLs (Spanish) and the World Cup

It's obviously because I never kept the same Hall of Fame file synced between the two, is there any way i can amalgamate the two files now so that they have all my league/cup wins?

Can't even find the file!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
1 hour ago, dow123 said:

doing this with a later game, assuming it's done the same way but where do we transfer the files too?

Save games by default are stored in the following folder: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\games (replacing 2018 with the version of the game you are using)

If you aren't using the built-in Cloud saving feature, just grab your save file from that location and copy it into the same location on your other computer, then load up FM on the new computer and if the save isn't shown as the most recent one just select load game and then select your save or browse to the folder you saved it in if need be.

On 01/10/2018 at 14:46, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Save games by default are stored in the following folder: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\games (replacing 2018 with the version of the game you are using)

If you aren't using the built-in Cloud saving feature, just grab your save file from that location and copy it into the same location on your other computer, then load up FM on the new computer and if the save isn't shown as the most recent one just select load game and then select your save or browse to the folder you saved it in if need be.

thanks, what about editor data files? 

33 minutes ago, dow123 said:

thanks, what about editor data files? 

Not sure if editor data files need to be copied over if you are just loading up a save game (the data should be stored in the save file).

Though if you want to be safe you can just copy over the entire Football Manager folder for the version you are using from the \Documents\Sports Interactive\ and if there is a separate Editor folder in that location for the version you are using you can copy that over as well.

And if you want the hall of fame copying over that is located in the following location: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\ Again inside the FM folder for the version you are using. (Though I think it's included within the save files as well for the more recent versions).

Then just copy the folders/files into the same locations on your other computer.

If you are attempting to transport this sort of thing from one device to another I recommend using wetransfer.com instead of a USB. It's faster, easier, and has less chance of something going wrong. I think I might use my work laptop to play FM instead of my personal laptop this year because of how much better it is, and I've been thinking about this process in case at some point I change my mind and want to go back...

44 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Though sending the files through the internet does depend on you having a decent internet connection - my upload speed is ~1Mbit/s so physically transferring files is quicker for me.

Good point!

Archived