PDA

View Full Version : Colour display issue

rforsythe
11-04-2012, 21:21
Playing FHM2012 on my Android device (Disgo 7000), everything is fine apart from the game colours are wrong - reds and blues seem to be mixed up (on kit colours and flags, for example), the 2d ball is a light blue, and the general menu colours don't seem to be their natural one (an ugly brown features heavily!).

Can anyone kindly shed some light/assistance on this issue, or am I just a victim of have a very cheap Android device?!

Marc Vaughan
11-04-2012, 21:44
Thats very beculiar - I know whats causing it but not 'why' ...

The game uses a particular RGB layout in memory for its graphics (5551 I think with the '1' being an alpha0 - if the internal memory was laid out slightly differently (1555) then it'd give the right image but with weird shading which is what you're seeing.

I'll see if we can obtain one of those devices and see what we can do, but it sounds like it might be a fault with the OpenGL driver on your device.

(you could in theory convert all the images in the fmh_data directory structure to the format compatible with your devices 'fault' and that might solve your solution - if we can replicate it here then we'll try and work out exactly what is going on and what can be done - but tbh this isn't something we've seen at all internally ... )

rforsythe
12-04-2012, 09:07
Thanks for the response Marc, and I'd be grateful for anything that could be looked into in terms of fixing this little issue.
That aside, it's a great game - thanks!

rforsythe
13-04-2012, 22:52
Has anyone else experienced any similar problems with this issue? I'm finding that it does detract significantly from the playing experience, therefore any suggested fixes would be gratefully received!

Marc Vaughan
13-04-2012, 23:10
Has anyone else experienced any similar problems with this issue? I'm finding that it does detract significantly from the playing experience, therefore any suggested fixes would be gratefully received!

I'm afraid I think your situation is unique (at least you're the only one who's mentioned it) ...

If it helps I'm going to try and pick up that particular device when I head back to London later this month and I'll try and figure out a way to rectify the issue then, sorry for the delay but until you mentioned it I'd never even heard of the brand.

(its about 1/2 the price of any tablet here in Florida)

In the meantime if you are 'arty' you could look on your device for the fmh_data folder, change any png's found in that from their current RGB format to others until you hit on the one which your device is incorrectly using (Photoshop can do batch changes I believe if you have it available) and that would probably fix the issue ... if you aren't techy then I'll try and help asap but obviously having the device in front of me will be a big help in this regard.

rforsythe
15-04-2012, 18:28
Thanks Marc, I'm not at all 'arty' or technically competent, so I'll plough on enjoying the game for now (under the strange circumstances of playing the Milan derby with an exact reverse of the two teams' colours!), and any help that you're able to offer once you've got your hands on one of these tablets would be great!