Has anyone else done this? Managing 2 Teams simultaneously

Hey guys, just wanted to know if other people do this, but currently I am manager of the No. 1 team in Italy, Juventus (I started as Verona manager in Serie C1A, got the Juve job when Juve finished 7th, that year I joined Cagliari 6-8 weeks in to the season, and rescued them from certain relegation). After about 10 years in charge every player on the team was signed by me, and the squad was at a very high level, having won the Champions League 3 times, and Serie A every season. So the most important thing for me was to develop the next generation, but the problem was, I had too many prospects!

Not everyone could get a decent amount of games, so obviously some have to play in the reserves, u20 or on loan. Well, I wasn't happy with the development of players in my Reserve team, and u20 has the obvious age restrictions, feeder clubs are not the most help either. So I thought, you know what, I have scouted all these players, my team doesn't need new signings, either I stop scouting for new players and focus on developing what I have, OR I manage a feeder club myself, loan some of my players to that 'feeder', and see what players I can bring in to the feeder who could potentially play for the 1st team (Juventus) one day! It sounded so simple!

I ended up choosing Leeds who were relegated to the Championship 2 years earlier, so I knew they still had some class in the team, they were just imbalanced and unmotivated. Most importantly the league is at a pretty good level, and I figured quite a few youngsters would be up for the adventure.

It worked a treat! Not all the prospects I would have liked to join (from Juventus) agreed to the loan, but at least a few did. I won the Championship and got Leeds promoted. The next year we finished 7th in the Prem! Not bad, basically we were the best midtable squad. The next year with European football we managed a good Euro Cup run, but it took A LOT out of the players (not great squad depth, as many of the players were still just coming into first team football at that level) and finished 13th, I think, very close maybe 1 or 2 points from 10th, but disappointing still.

Well, the thing was, there were still occasions where players didn't want to join Leeds on loan, esp. with more promising youths. Reputation, training facilities, I don't know, but I figured managing a slightly bigger club would probably be advantageous. Sevilla offered me the job and $30m for transfers, whereas Leeds were willing to give me closer to maybe $5-8m. Well, long story short, but Sevilla now has the 2nd highest coefficient in Europe, and Juventus has the highest! I have won the CL 3 times of the last 5 with Juve, and the other 2 times I managed to win with Sevilla!

I'm managing Liverpool and KAC Marrakech on my edited database. Two teams who are completely different and there will be no helping each other out because even the worst Liverpool players won't go to Morocco.

Yer i'm Currently Manging Arsenal, Barcelona and Lyon.

No deals between clubs favour the other and when they clash i don't nothing different for even team so both play there normal way and see who comes out on top.

i find this more challegning and experince different leagues and finding new players for future to sign and develop.

I'm thinking of starting a new save with Granada CF in Liga BBVA and their feeder club, Cádiz CF in Segunda B.

Granada B will never be playable in FM12, so I'd like to use Cádiz as effectively being my B team, get them to Liga Adelante and keep them there to develop my younger players.

Didnt know such was possible, i know you can manage a international and a club team but not two club teams. How do you go about managing to club teams.

You have to add a second manager. You create two personas and play as two different managers.

Yeah, I pretended that my 2nd manager was formerly part of my staff, that had moved on to management, hence his links to Juventus, and why players would be going to play for him. My best piece of business between the clubs was when I had signed an Italian LB to Sevilla. Developed him nicely, he had 18 pace and 18 jumping, so a physical beast, sold him to Juventus for a young left back with almost the same pace, but not as well rounded, and some cash. Well, turns out the LB I brought in to Juventus was born in Turin, and came through Torino's youth system! Meaning first of all, he is considered a home-town player, when playing rivals, and second of all, I would not have been able to sign him directly to Juventus! My fans wouldn't have forgiven me!

The best piece of business in general I did for Sevilla was when I bought a promising 21 y.o. midfielder from Lazio that my Juventus scouts and I had been really excited about, but he was on the fringes of the squad and they didn't seem to value him. So I was able to sign him to Sevilla, where he became world class, and part of my Champions League winning squad! Always nice to strengthen your team for the longterm, at a rivals expense!

Yes I am currently doing this right now in my West Ham save. Southend are a feeder club and Sturrock got sacked. I didn't want to leave my beloved West Ham and the Southend challenge seemed a good un so I created a new manager under the missus' name :) gives me a chance to loan those promising youngsters to the lower divisions where I know they will get playing time

But how exactly can i create a second manager, so i can play with two teams in the same league or in the same season?

Just go into the menu and click on "add new manager". You get to setup a new persona just like you did when you started the save, but can now choose to manage another team with this persona. :)

I have done this in nearly every game of CM/FM. Since I always want to play with Arsenal, as they are the team I support, I usually always want another challenage after a while. I have actually used the "feeder club" scenario myself a few times and it is quite fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it alot of fan being manager of different teams in one season, for me it be too much, i rather stick with one club team.

achilles, your right about that, if you manage both clubs and they meet in the champions league then its hard as one will lose.

I have never managed two clubs teams in a season and didnt really think you could.

I haven't managed more than one team since the days of Championship Manager on the Amiga where I would take over 4 different clubs in the EPL and take out the top 4 positions each year. Nowadays I can't really be bothered with the other team, takes me long enough to finish one season with one team never mind 2 with 2! I have thought about running my own feeder team though as per the OP to ensure my youngsters are getting proper game time but never got round to it...

Tried this a few years ago. Managed Leeds in Div 1 and Morecambe in Div 2. Was amazed when they drew each other in the League Cup in the second season. Decided to put both identities on holiday and leave the match to the assistants. Morecambe won. Leeds sacked me. Never going to try that again.

Have done it quite a few times in the past, especially after being offered another great job and not being able to make up my mind about staying or leaving or when my fav club has been promoted to the playable leagues.

However, I never got a lot of fun from that as it just took too long.

Now as FM12 takes ages, I don't even consider that option anymore.

Archived