How can i get a refund?

So, i am into my second season with Genoa in the new FM 12 game. I must say that my overall grade for the game is a C.

The graphic engine has no significant improvements. The little details went ignored, such as multiple subs happen at the same time while the players switch one at a time. The fans look great, and i love the smoke flares as well. But that does not make the game better.

Overall, the rest is still the same with some noticeable additions. I like the customization of tactics, that's a big improvement, but the rest seems just about the same as the previous version (FM 11).

The Team Talk is still as idiotic as it was with the previous version. Or actually, I preferred the previous version. Team Talk in FM 12 feels like it let's me talk to a bunch of overly sensitive wimps who have a hard time finding motivation even when you are on an undefeated streak, playing well, and a passionate tone does nothing to the individual player. In fact, when criticizing players that are playing poorly, you either get them "fired up", which results into no change in the player's performance, or you get "seemed to lose focus", which i've seen plenty of.

In other words, it's annoying, and a waste of time. You can't hurt these players' feelings? Maybe they ought to join a little league with children. Women probably have more guts than the FM 12 players.

In addition, when the team plays poorly the shots taken look as demented as Lady Gaga's eyes. I've seen shots from just a few yards away from the opposing GK go slow and ridiculously wide. When it happens for some games in a row, it gets not only frustrating, but it further shows either poor graphic design of shots, or it's just as unrealistic as Kate Upton becoming a nun.

I ask myself, what did I actually buy? Conclusion; just an expansion pack on FM 11 with some minor improvement (I read there were 800 changes made? I barely notice any more than 20). This is not a new FM, but rather more of the same. Can't say I am pleased as I expected something better.

So, where do I get my refund so I can continue playing the better version that was FM 11?

It is very, very, very, very rare to be able to claim a refund on a piece of non-commercial software just because you do not like it, that & the fact that as it's been activated on Steam you technically cannot give it back.

I love FM11. I was reluctant to play FM10 initially as I was happy with the 2008 version, I believe. Then after playing FM10 for what, 1.5 years, I said, you know what, I think I'll give FM11 a try. Not because FM11 was just released, but because I knew I could go back to FM10 if I wasn't happy with it! It was a risk-free move, but I would have to pay a few bucks to take the 'risk'.

Buying a game because its new... Thats just consumer behavior at its finest, its like bragging to your friends you have a new toy, just to brag, not because the new toy is actually an improvement! Cell phones, smart phones, etc. Perfect example.

Archived