PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager Handheld 2012 Support & F.A.Q.

Alari Naylor
11-04-2012, 11:46
Android

What should I do if I find a bug in the game?

Please report it in the Android Bugs Forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/257-Android-Bugs-Forum) providing as much information as possible. Screenshots are always very helpful.

What devices can I run the game on?

The game should run on the vast majority of Android devices that are currently in widespread use. You will require Android OS version 2.2 (Froyo) or above, and a minimum resolution of 480 x 320.

How much space do I need?

We recommend having around 200MB storage space in total available before installing the game - this can either be on the internal device memory or on an SD card. You may need a small amount of available space on the internal memory for the initial Google Play download. Don’t worry – neither the store download nor the skin data that is downloaded is anything like this big!

How do I get started?

The first time the game is run, it will need to connect to the internet to download skin data. This is anywhere from 7MB-20MB depending on which skin your device will run, so shouldn't take too long. If your device isn't connected, you’ll get a download error.
After downloading, you will need to wait for the game to install data to the SD card (internal or external) before you can start playing. This may take a good few minutes on lower-spec devices in particular.

Help! The game won't run!

If the device is connected to a PC, please make sure the connection type is set to 'Charge Only'. Mounting your device as an external disk will leave the game (and probably most of your other apps) unable to run.
If the game is dropping out for no apparent reason, you may be running out of available RAM. In this situation, fully powering off the device (by holding down the power key and then tapping the relevant option on screen) will often solve the issue.
If you’ve tried both of these without success, do of course get in contact with us via the Android bugs forum linked above

Why are there black borders around my game? Why doesn't it fill the screen?

Due to the massive variety of Android devices available and the different screen sizes they possess, it's not possible to have skins to fit every single resolution that's out there. We've included three skins in the initial release – in the two resolutions most commonly used by Android phones and an HD skin aimed at tablets – and we'll look to add more in future based on which devices/resolutions prove most popular among the game's purchasers.

How to email us a save game/how to delete saves/how to move saves between devices:

See this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file?p=7729086&viewfull=1#post7729086

How do I start unemployed?

Set the “Start Unemployed Allowed” to Yes in the Preferences, from the Main Menu. When you next start a new game, instead of picking a team to manage simply press Confirm. This will enable you to begin the game unemployed.

How do I start as a nation?

This is an unlockable feature! First you need to get a national job during normal play and win an international tournament. This will unlock international management, after which you will be able to start as a nation in new games.

Why can't I play the Saviour Cometh Challenge in Australia or the Scottish Third Division?

Since it’s not possible to be relegated from the Australian A-League or the Scottish Third Division, these leagues aren’t available to manage in when choosing the Saviour Cometh Challenge.

How do I confirm a national team for a tournament?

For International tournaments (such as the World Cup), it is necessary to call up a certain number of players - usually 23 - to the national squad. In these cases squads cannot contain more than, or less than, the stated number of players. This is not related to your team line up, which can be chosen when matches are about to take place.

If your current national squad contains the wrong number, you will be told the required number when attempting to confirm your squad in the News message. You will need to remove any excess players or call up additional players if you do not have the correct number in your squad.