14 years old to young?

I am currently Bayern Munche and i got an English 14 year old with good att, so i gave im a game for a laugh and he scored from centre mid, then he picked up an injury 5 min later for 3 months. Then pre season came round and i gave a few younger players mixed in with pros and he bosses the midfield. So my question is...is it too young or shall i let him grow in the youth squad?

I'd give him the odd appearance to help his development but being 14 years old it's unlikely for him to have the physical attributes to play constantly for the senior team so i would leave him on the youth team and give him some minutes off the bench on cup matches or against weaker opponents at home.

I wouldn't use him in the first team squad, and I'm not even sure that you would be legally allowed to in real life. Stats can only take you so far - would YOU have been emotionally mature enough to play a top flight professional football match when you were 14 years old?

How tall is he? I'd love to see a 14 year old 6ft 9' player in the game

I had a 6ft6 15 yr old CB newgen labelled "the next Hierro" on my Mallorca game, by 19yrs old he was 6ft8 and on his way to becoming a world class player. Then.... you guessed it... crash dump. Backup saves wouldn't work either.

Last time I made a thread with this title it got ripped apart, for obvious reasons.

It took immense self-composure for me to resist the obvious the gag.

If he's good enough, he's old enough.
Came here to say the same. Players in FM need match experience and good ratings to improve. So if he can get good ratings and you rest him when he is tired, he will be fine.

It's possible to burn them out if you continue playing them and they're just not preforming, you can easily ruin a player that way. But if he's putting in the performances, it's pretty much safe to keep playing him.

Archived