How do I get him to score?

I think it depends of the player. I have a player with reasonable physical atributtes but poor tecnical atributte (6 at finishing), is a 1,5 star of recommendation and he already scored 3 goals in 6/7 games he made... I was surprised with him...

Can he jump at all? Otherwise heading is irrelevant. Is he quick at all? Is he good off the ball? Is he determined? Does he make good decisions? Do you have him on forward training (to get the 'shooting' training levels up)? I look for fast determined strikers, then look for the attributes you have listed above.

Jumping 12, Decisions 12, Pace 11, Determination 11, Work Rate and Technique 13, Scottish International (U-21) in real life 36 goals this season, role Trequartista as recommended by coach

There are so many things that could cause this.

But firstly, are other players scoring for you? Does he have any assists? A trequartista is like a striker-playmaker, so he will be the main link between midfield and attack, but not necessarily the one who scores the goals.

What team and league?

There are so many things that could cause this.

But firstly, are other players scoring for you? Does he have any assists? A trequartista is like a striker-playmaker, so he will be the main link between midfield and attack, but not necessarily the one who scores the goals.

What team and league?

Huddersfield League One Jordan Rhodes with Alan Lee as target man

Ah Jordan Rhodes.

Well, a Trequartista will lurk in space, receive the ball and look for other players - the same as a Target Man does. It is sort of a free role that should be given to highly creative and intelligent footballers like Del Piero and Totti, and Messi for that matter. Rhodes is a player with few weaknesses, but he isn't fantastic in anything, so he won't create his own chances that much.

Try to use him as an Advanced Forward instead, and play attacking but patient football so that your slow strikers have time to get inside the box before shooting. You should really use a fast striker along with either Rhodes or Lee, as both together will prevent you from counter-attacking properly.

That's an excellent stats for a League One player O.o he should be making a killing there... O.o. I personally don't like Treq. role, there's no reason for player to not have any defensive duty. Your biggest problem would be that he is not the kind of player that you can give a ball to and expect him to beat defenders on his way to the goal, his acc/speed/agi is simply not good enough to do that consistently even in league one. You definitely need either a creative midfield to feed him passes for him to finish or for him to receive Alan Lee's headers (although Alan Lee's not a really good target men either, his low anticipation and acceleration means he'll lose quite a few headers if the ball doesn't go directly to him). I'd use Rhodes either as Biggus suggest AF or I personally use him more of a poacher as AF more often than not try to do things the fancy way and lose the chance to score or just lose possession entirely. Through passes would be your best bet on getting Rhodes to score goals imo.

Archived