How do finances work? [and a few bugs]

MAIN TOPIC:

My club's board decided to give away ~1.000.000€ to expand the 50 Standing capacity stadium (Yes, fifty; and it's not a bug!) to 500 Seats and 3500 Standing capacity (expansion which will finish in 6 months). But what's weird is how this debt got completely erased. Apparently the board got a Company Voluntary Agreement worth 250.000€ which is currently being paid back for around 1.600€/month for the next 15 years. The club's current balance is 70€. What about the other 750.000€ the club owes? How does a Company Voluntary Agreement work?

SIDE NOTES:

This long-term plan the board has put in place for the club is hampering my progress a lot. I just got promoted to Blue Square Premier which is all nice and dandy, considering I did all this with players on Amateur contracts, but the board also decided to take the next step forward and get the club to a semi-professional status. So now not only can't I get players on Amateur contracts anymore, I'm not even allowed to pay them more than 25€/week, even though the Total Player Wage Budget is 1.656€.

NOTEWORTHY BUGS:

1. The FA have decided to deduct 10 points from the club at the very beginning of the season because I went into administration for a brief period of time because I wasn't paying the wages of my players; they were all on Amateur contracts at the time.

2. Two of my players are complaining that they should get a pay-raise to match some of their team-mates wages. I currently have 15 players on a 25€/week contract.

3. I created the club with 0€ bank balance and at the beginning of the game the club had ~4.300€ in the bank, even though it should have had ~10.000€, through Sponsorship (5.750€) and Season Tickets (~4.300€). Could you call this a bug? This only happens on the very first season of the game and only with Sponsorship money.

1. Not a bug - Your club has a CVA therefore went into administration and was therefore docked 10pts by the FA.

2. Maybe to do with bonuses?

3. Not a bug - Sponsorship is paid over the season and you receive a % of the total each month.

Your club went into administration as they weren't able to pay the huge debt from expanding the stadium. The CVA is basically an agreement with your creditors, the bank in this case, that the club is not able to pay the debt back in full, and would need to be liquidated if they tried. As a result, it's a better option for the bank to write off most of the debt and agree to have a fraction of it paid back over a longer period, rather than get nothing at all.

Seems to be a bit of a gap in the game's logic here. The club have taken on a massive debt given that they were originally an amateur club, with little income. In reality there is no way they would be able to get a loan so large.

Weirdness is to be expected when you use the editor to do unrealistic things like this! Administration is not solely about wages, it is any time you cannot pay your debts that it is possible.

For the sponsorship, I believe that the game assumes that it is already paid in season 1, unlike season tickets.

Are you sure about number 3 cougar? I've always noticed that you receive the entire amount of sponsorship at the start of the season, TV rights are the ones that are usually paid over monthly installments.

Urm nope, now you come to mention it.

Yes TV rights are over the season, sponsorship is usually up front so hluraven has possibly got the answer.

Archived