Anyone else signed these players? (lower leagues)

I don't normally get into posts about players and stuff, but I'm still enjoying FMH very much, having some success with Scarborough, and wondering whether any other lower league managers have any experience of some players who've been successful for me. Do stop reading, if you hate to be alerted to potential signings.

1. Cedric Anselin, French midfielder who is with Kings Lynn at the start of the game. I picked him up in the Conference, and two years on he is performing wonderfully in my push for promotion out of League Two and his crossing and dribbling skills are way higher than basement level. (He played for Bordeaux(?) and Norwich in the past in real life)

2. Andy Smith, a striker with Preston at the start of the game, good all-round attributes. I spent a fair bit on him by league two standards but his goalscoring record (plus some assists) has been nothing short of phenomenal.

3. Daryl Murphy, striker with Sunderland but getting no games. (In real life he has finally got some games for the Black Cats this season). I got him on a free at the end of 2006/07. After a slow start, followed by him getting unhappy after a spell out of the team, he got his chance with an injury to Smith. He has been 'electric', scoring several fairly individual goals. It's hard to tell from the text commentary but it seems like he is one of those strikers who runs direct at goal, beats defenders by just pushing it past them, and smashes it in.

I'd be fascinated to hear whether you have used any of these guys and with what results.

I don't normally get into posts about players and stuff, but I'm still enjoying FMH very much, having some success with Scarborough, and wondering whether any other lower league managers have any experience of some players who've been successful for me. Do stop reading, if you hate to be alerted to potential signings.

1. Cedric Anselin, French midfielder who is with Kings Lynn at the start of the game. I picked him up in the Conference, and two years on he is performing wonderfully in my push for promotion out of League Two and his crossing and dribbling skills are way higher than basement level. (He played for Bordeaux(?) and Norwich in the past in real life)

2. Andy Smith, a striker with Preston at the start of the game, good all-round attributes. I spent a fair bit on him by league two standards but his goalscoring record (plus some assists) has been nothing short of phenomenal.

3. Daryl Murphy, striker with Sunderland but getting no games. (In real life he has finally got some games for the Black Cats this season). I got him on a free at the end of 2006/07. After a slow start, followed by him getting unhappy after a spell out of the team, he got his chance with an injury to Smith. He has been 'electric', scoring several fairly individual goals. It's hard to tell from the text commentary but it seems like he is one of those strikers who runs direct at goal, beats defenders by just pushing it past them, and smashes it in.

I'd be fascinated to hear whether you have used any of these guys and with what results.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived