As it can be difficult to sell players even when we offer them out for free I think it would be good if we had the option to instruct the player's agent to tout him to clubs and raise interest. It wouldn't be the same as actually offering him to the clubs but just getting clubs interested in buying him.

I understand what you mean. I get streams of messages touting players that aren't on my shortlist by their respected agents. Does this not occur on behalf of a human manager? It may make other clubs aware of reserve players with no future, without having to constantly offer them manually.

How would it be diffent from offering him to clubs???

As opposed to offering him to clubs and then the interested clubs bid for him, the agent will try to get clubs interested in him so that he can be offered to the clubs later and we're more likely to recieve an offer because more clubs will be interested.

On the old FM versions, when to 'offered a player', it literally said the club secretary would fax the offer, but obviously this was prior to agents being involved in the game. In even older versions, you could specifically choose leagues/clubs to offer the player too.

I think agents offering unsettled players would be a great idea, and, like I said, save us from repeatedly doing it ourselves. Or you could have the 'offer player' toggled on on for a period of time, rather than doing it manually.

I thought that when you offered players you set a price and if any teams were interested in the player at the price you offered the player at they would make an offer. There is a news item saying reasons why clubs would make an offer on a player that you offered out, wages are too high, they dont have enough wage budget, and the asking price are to high

I would think that asking an agent to tout a player would spread some knowledge that the player exists so that teams that are interested would make a bid of some sort. Having an agent tout a player would be different than offering a player to a club because you would not be setting how much interested teams would have to pay.

Archived