Young left back keeps getting skinned

Have a young player who keeps getting skinned - according to the Ass Advice during the match.

Wondering what sorta training I should put him on - I've put his individual training to "Off the Ball" - but I'm not sure if this will help?

He was working on his crosses.

vickers.PNG

Player preferred moves.

Off the ball won't help with that since it's an attacking attribute, he has good physical attributes so he shouldn't be getting done by pace,i'd try to improve his marking if wingers are skinning him constantly, it could also be caused by your Opposition instructions on the opposite winger.

Cheers - I've changed it to Marking -as that's down a bit low at 12 - he is still young though.

Want to get him back on Crossing though.

How long does it usually take - 3 or 4 months? Or is there a limit on it?

How often can you change him around in his individual training to maximise his progress?

His personality is described as Ambitious. And he's ear-marked as the next Ashley Cole.

I have the top coaches in the World and top training facilities. So everything should be ok.

It's February now - I'll check his progress at the end of the season.

Yeah he's young and needs a bit of work, the poor marking and decisions along with only 13 for anticipation will his problem at the top level, which im assuming your playing in. But there is enough there to say he will be a top player. Do you have a tutuor for him to help with the mentals?

Backs usually get beaten if you're playing him too forward, anticipation should be his top stats as this will be what he need intercept those passes to the wide mid/winger he's defending, positioning should be his second. Getting his marking up will be useful when you want him to man-mark top-class wingers, strength will help to outmuscle the wingers too :)

The player I want to tutor him isn't available. I'll have to wait until he's finished mentoring another young fella.

I did put a coach on working on his defensive side of the game though for Preferred Moves

• 3 weeks later...
You have over 4000 posts on this forum yet didn't realise Off The Ball as an attacking attribute? Are you ********?

Well if only half the traffic from the general forum would be in the tactics forum I guess we would have only half the complaints.

Archived