Additional leagues

Hi, I'm looking to start a team in the non league of England with the aim of getting them in the Prem. Do I need to have extra euro leagues active if I want the clubs from those leagues to purchase players/ perform well in euro competitions or will just loading players from those leagues work just fine? I ask as I don't have that powerful a machine and so don't want the game running slower than it needs to. I don't plan on managing any other team either.

Any help on this would be great thanks.

Iseik

They'll still compete - people have different views but I don't think it harms them too much.

If you have FM12 then maybe add the leagues at the beginning but leave them inactive? When you reach the Premiership and European Competition you could then activate the leagues if you thought it would help.

Thanks for the quick response guys, I decided to put the 5 big euro leagues in but left them as inactive, then if I get to the prem with Blyth Spartans (a big IF) i can just make them active.

Iseik

A good bonus this year, is that you can add leagues mid-game so i wouldnt bother too much while lower league but add as you rise type thing.

if you do this right now, the game will get unplayable as the game then generates thousands of untalented regens which results in the DB quadrupling in size within 2,3 seasons and slowing the game down a ton.. Even if you add only 1 league this will happen.

if you do this right now, the game will get unplayable as the game then generates thousands of untalented regens which results in the DB quadrupling in size within 2,3 seasons and slowing the game down a ton.. Even if you add only 1 league this will happen.

Does this happen for everyone or is it or is it a little more rare?

I ask this because i have a career save thats nearly into year ten which im enjoying. But i added a few more leagues the previous season and experianced a massive slow down, so i decided to remove them again this season and it seems to have worled but still not as fast as before i added the leagues.

I would hate it if this save is now ruined because of a flagship selling point (adding/removing leagues) actually makes your game worse not better....

Archived