Fiora2 tactic, instant success!

Here's my mighty Fiora2. It's a new version of a 442 I developed for the last game where I cleaned up with the mighty reds, real and won the Euro and both domestic cups with Millwall.

Basically it's a really tight 442 that doesn't concede many goals with a flat back 4, a defensive midfielder dropping deep, an attacking midfielder bombing on with Gerrard like runs, two wingers and a striker that drops deep forming a 5 in midfield when we don't have the ball.

The way it works is I have the narrowest possible width, this still is great going forward but keeps it really tight. Mentality is generally attacking and passing is mixed although each position varies slightly. Defensive line and tempo are normal, time wasting low cos we want goals, closing down high (although my cms and cbs are low which means its hard for teams to play though us) and creative freedom low (this has been my main tweak from the last game where it was on 1, it's now upto 5ish as I was struggling to score!).

So far I've won League 1 and Johnstones paint trophy with leeds in my first season and I'm 12 points clear at the top of the championship at xmas in my second season!

Tweaks:

If you need a goal in a game give the full backs (f)arrows but only short ones (between 18 yard and half way).

If you're winning by the odd goal on 85 minutes I usually put time wasting to the max.

Positions:

The centre back on the right should be the best in the air as he's the focus for set pieces.

The striker who drops off should be in the Torres mould (fast, good dribbler and fairly creative).

The striker who plays up top should also be quick but very good at finishing.

Also it's a good idea for both cm's to have good shooting and long shots (especially the attacking one) as they get plenty of opportunities to score.

Let me know how you get on!

http://fmdownloads.net//index.php?action=downloadfile&f...ra2.tac&directory=

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my mighty Fiora2. It's a new version of a 442 I developed for the last game where I cleaned up with the mighty reds, real and won the Euro and both domestic cups with Millwall.

Basically it's a really tight 442 that doesn't concede many goals with a flat back 4, a defensive midfielder dropping deep, an attacking midfielder bombing on with Gerrard like runs, two wingers and a striker that drops deep forming a 5 in midfield when we don't have the ball.

The way it works is I have the narrowest possible width, this still is great going forward but keeps it really tight. Mentality is generally attacking and passing is mixed although each position varies slightly. Defensive line and tempo are normal, time wasting low cos we want goals, closing down high (although my cms and cbs are low which means its hard for teams to play though us) and creative freedom low (this has been my main tweak from the last game where it was on 1, it's now upto 5ish as I was struggling to score!).

So far I've won League 1 and Johnstones paint trophy with leeds in my first season and I'm 12 points clear at the top of the championship at xmas in my second season!

Tweaks:

If you need a goal in a game give the full backs (f)arrows but only short ones (between 18 yard and half way).

If you're winning by the odd goal on 85 minutes I usually put time wasting to the max.

Positions:

The centre back on the right should be the best in the air as he's the focus for set pieces.

The striker who drops off should be in the Torres mould (fast, good dribbler and fairly creative).

The striker who plays up top should also be quick but very good at finishing.

Also it's a good idea for both cm's to have good shooting and long shots (especially the attacking one) as they get plenty of opportunities to score.

Let me know how you get on!

http://fmdownloads.net//index.php?action=downloadfile&f...ra2.tac&directory=

Will try this when I get home as I've been having loads of grief with Liverpool on 08.

Can't get Gerrard or Torres to play well.

What attributes am I looking for my wingers? Could I play

Reina

JAR Agger Carra Ignashevich

Masch

Babel Gerrard

VDV

Kuyt Torres

Is it designed for FM08 or 07? Just tried it with Man City. I was away to West Ham and won 2-1. I had 20 shots on goal with 10 on target. However, they still had about 10 shots on my goal too, which seems almost inevitable for me at the moment, whichever style/formation I play. But overall, the results look promising: the back arrowed FC and the forward arrowed MC can really do some damage I think.

Tested this tactic out and was impressed so far. I did make a couple of small changes that might help.

First I moved the slider to "rarely" for both Forward Runs and Run With Ball on the more defensive MC. This way I don't get caught on the counter attack as much as initially.

I also made the Right Striker a Target Man. I found that this helped get the ball up the pitch easier plus I have a striker which would suit that role.

In the end I won 5-2 over Estonia playing away as Canada. I'm not exactly a powerhouse nation myself! The stats are very impressive. We had 33 shots, 17 on target against their 3 with 2 on target. Ironically they had 2 goals. But I can't complain with 5 for us.

I will continue to use this and see where it leads.

Just beat Man Utd 3-2 with this tactic. It seems very good and certainly creates a lot of chances. However, as with almost every tactic I@ve tried on FM08, it seems impossible to keep a clean sheet!

I would also remove the forward runs from the DMC too for a bit more stability.

Otherwise, looking very good!

Prime Time76 - when you say you made the right hand striker a target man, did you supply him to head, feet or mixed? And did you tick the target man option too, or just place him in the targetman list? Cheers.

Wow!

I am doing ok with Cardiff in the first season of 08. But not convinced by the tactics I've been trying (Enigma, Tacpac and so on). I've tried making my own but they have bombed badly.

I've been replaying games against QPR away to see how the different tactics play out.

I'd had a few draws and quite a few losses.

Tried this (only tweak I made was to put DM on rare forward runs) and BANG! 5-2 away win! 4-0 after 35mins. Always looked in control.

Great start...will keep you updated!

Right then update...

(my score first)

QPR (A) 5-2

Watford (H) 1-1

Stoke (A) 3-0

Blackpool (H) 0-0

Colchester (A) 0-1

Sheff Utd (H) 1-1

Leicester (H) 1-1

Wolves (A) 0-0

Burnley (A) 1-0

Bristol C (H) 2-0

Scunthorpe (A) 1-2

Barnsley (H) 3-1

Hull (H) 3-3

Preston (A) 5-1

So far then... P14 W6 D6 L2

Good then, definitely better than before. Scoring goals was a problem but has improved when I put in Kostadinov up front instead of Fowler (18 pace as opposed to 8)

Very good away from home but sometimes struggles a bit at home. Perhaps I will try unticking counter attack at home, see what happens.

Very encouraging though.

Started using this in my Crewe game and i lost the first game 2-0 and have won the next three games 3-1, 3-0 and 3-1 and in the two 3-1 victorys had one man sent off and two men in another but still won. Good tactic so far will let you know what goes on in the rest of the season.

I think i must be missing something here...Well done on the Leeds thing.

I can't get them to win at all, did you do anything special in terms of signings or just stuck with the initial squad?

Also whats the consensus on the defensive midfielder ? Would imagine rare runs forwadr would work, but seems to limit attacking options...Thoughts?

Really want to make this one work.

Thanks for the effort, but it didn't work for me. Closing down was completely none existent and both CBs only made a couple of tackles in any match. The opposition just attacked straight down the middle every time. Picked up at least 3 bookings in each game, as well. The more attacking of the strikers was also ineffective for me, with 0 shots in 5 games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PrimeTime76:

Law_Man

I did tick off to use the target man and I had mixed supply. I am going to experiment with this option further though to see how it affects his play. I'm thinking of aiming all crosses at him to see if that makes a differences since he's good in the air. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers. I'm not using a target man currently but if I come unstuck then I might give it a go. One thing I am doing though is aiming the crosses of the right back and right winger to far post because the left SC (Anelka) and the left winger (Aaritola) are better in the air than my right SC (Dioufy).

Well, I reached the play-off final and lost 1-0 to Sheff U but I was the better team and should have won.

I have tweaked it slightly but only to have some basic instructions that I can switch to during the game depending on the score.

I have unticked counter attack for basic home.

Have it ticked for basic away.

I have an attack version and a defend lead version.

Flogged Fowler and Parry in pre-season and brought in Stuart Taylor, Lee Carsley and Willo Flood is back from loan and looking good.

First choice XI is:

GK: Stuart Taylor

RB: Chris Gunter

LB: Kevin McNaughton

CB: Darren Purse

CB: Glen Loovens

DM: Lee Carsley

AM: Stephen McPhail

RW: Trevor Sinclair

LW: Joe ledley

LM: Steven MacLean

ST: Branimir Kostadinov

LM = Link Man - that deep lying striker.

Won my opening game of this new season 3-0 away at Burnley - we were all over them.

Looking good. Congratulations on this formation.

I started using this tactic after not doing to well with Crewe Alex in the English League One.

Results

This tactic has been brilliant so far just hoping my team can perform for the rest of the season. Everyone seems to play well using this especially my RM Torje wh plays awesome and the MC with the Arrow to AMC is Angel Oswaldo Fernandez and he is averaging very high so far.

Thanks for this tactic is really does kick ass so far.

well this tactic was really effective

it got me from 17th in the league to 11th by the end! in the last two games i beat the champions and the team that finnished seconds!

Results

i started the tactic just after the billecray game and before the salisbury game right at the top

results have been good to say my team is really bad lol, my right winger and left stricker have been most effective scoring twent goals each in all comps

I had the right stricker as target man and he scored quite a few!

played 12 , lost 6 , drawn 3 and won 3 . minus e goal difference , scored 17 conceded 16 with hitchin.

one thing iv noticed is that a lot of their goals seem to have the 'certainly didn't mean that ' thing after them , and a lot have been deflections. another thing is that there seems to be less chances for both teams when i use this tactic. overall it seems to be an alright tactic , but ill reserve judgement til the end of the season.

Guest PatSharpe

This tactic pretty much saved me from relegation. Didnt turn me into a super-team but I did become very hard to beat.

I found it very important to have a strong and tall striker as the man furthest forward, didnt work nearly as well with a smaller forward.

Used it in Blue Square South and it's very good at keeping the goals conceded down, but creates very few chances.

I've taken off some of the Farrows/Barrows (now have only short farrows on wingers and a short barrow on right MC) and have UNticked 'tight marking' and it's holding it's own OK.

It's still not great, but it is difficult to break down, so that's a start. I'm gonna try a few more tweaks to it. I think it has some promise for my team, although I'm sure that it gives different results for different people.

Archived