Turns out pigs can fly!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidoff21:

http://img185.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=46004_Untitled_122_476lo.jpg

most memorable thing to happen so far in my game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should report this in the Bugs Forum. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree icon_biggrin.gif

But you're not very good at hiding your name icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

why do you haveto cancel out your name on screenshots? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know i hate people that do that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

why do you haveto cancel out your name on screenshots? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know i hate people that do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna stalk ya icon_wink.gif

I swaer you never had to do that icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a matter of preference. If he doesn't want people to know his name, thats his prerogative.

Easy was to get around it, is to assign a nickname to the manager name icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Easy was to get around it, is to assign a nickname to the manager name icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I do - much more subtle icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soup_is_cool:

i dont get it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kuyt's rubbish, that's the joke.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeeves:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soup_is_cool:

kuyt's rubbish, that's the joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its no joke. He's just rubbish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeeves:

Its no joke. He's just rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he is a joke. See how I did that icon_biggrin.gif

ahh ok, well yes that happens sometime. Some crappy players win the award

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Easy was to get around it, is to assign a nickname to the manager name icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I do - much more subtle icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do that now. Used to spend ages scrubbing out every reference. Now I use the name of some guy I was at school with when posting screenies. Never liked him.

Anyway, as for the OP, are you managing Liverpool. If it's the human manager that's given Kyut a key role, this is perfectly feasible. I once had Danny Haynes on the Beta version as my world player around 2012 (or it may have been FM07 - my memory is hazy about such stats).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyway, as for the OP, are you managing Liverpool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he's managing Chelsea. If he were managing Liverpool he wouldn't think Kuyt winning World Player of the Year as being a joke - that plus the fact that it says "Manager, Chelsea" on his screenshot icon_wink.gif

tbh this just shows that FM's play ratings are so poor stuff like this happens. i no its a joke but on my game kuyt has finishing 17 composure 17 technique 20 just some of his amazing stats.

for fm 09 i would like SI to watch a game of football before they decide a players ratings. i could give a blind cricket fan who knows nothing of football a video of every player in the world and give him half an hour to decide everyones ratings world wide. the chances are the results would be infinity times better than SI

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">for fm 09 i would like SI to watch a game of football before they decide a players ratings. i could give a blind cricket fan who knows nothing of football a video of every player in the world and give him half an hour to decide everyones ratings world wide. the chances are the results would be infinity times better than SI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't matter how much football SI watches. It's the group of everyday FM fans selected as researchers who decide on the ratings, not SI.

So, the odds of some of these ratings being done by a blind cricket fan who had half an hour to make his decisions... certainly not out of the question.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyway, as for the OP, are you managing Liverpool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he's managing Chelsea. If he were managing Liverpool he wouldn't think Kuyt winning World Player of the Year as being a joke - that plus the fact that it says "Manager, Chelsea" on his screenshot icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could easily have more than 1 playable manager on the game.

Is it me or is that last years FM wherein Kuyt's PA was still 170 and he still had decent stats?

Not sure on his PA in 08, and wouldn't want to post spoilers for others, but he's definitely not got stats like that any more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He could easily have more than 1 playable manager on the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But this would mean that there would a clock sign with a number representing how many other managers there are in the bottom left, and there isn't.

Unless he's cheated and took over liverpool before switching to Chelsea, but I think it's safe to assume he hasn't done this.

On 07 Kuyt was rated based on a great season in Holland. He was cchased by all the top European clubs, but Liverpool got him. He had high finishing/composure because he was known as a RVN style "poacher".

People saying he's rubbish are clearly deluded though. Second top scorer in the CL FYI. I'd argue that no Premiership players are rubbish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCIAG:

On 07 Kuyt was rated based on a great season in Holland. He was cchased by all the top European clubs, but Liverpool got him. He had high finishing/composure because he was known as a RVN style "poacher".

People saying he's rubbish are clearly deluded though. Second top scorer in the CL FYI. I'd argue that no Premiership players are rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'd counter that Ade Akinbiyi was once a Premiership player.

Archived