Incorrect Player History displayed of missing.

I have seen some threads about this but I was wondering if there was a way to avoid it/fix it.

When FM was released I started a game, 3 season in the player history was wiped and would not save each season.

I quit playing FM for a while as I couldn't be bothered starting again.

Now just started a new save, into mid second season and enjoying it and all my player history is incorrect. Instead of last season stats, club and transfer fee it just says 2011-2012 Preston. I'm at Glasgow Rangers, so it just completely change the club that my players were at last season and apparently they played no games and scored no goals.

I read that the cause is from virus scanner moving/deleting a file, but how is this possible as I haven't scanned since I started this save and the folders are excluded from any scans along with FM being a trusted program.

Is there anything else I can do, because this basically ends my hopes of having a long term save on FM12. This also affects the player bio as that takes the information from the player history. May sound small to some people but this totally ruins a long term 20+ season game as all players at my club are considered to only have been there for the current season.

P.S no editors/RTE's were used.

I have 4 backup saves, two that are auto saves and they are all the same. For some reason it's affected them all, like deleting a face pack would affect each save.

Never happened from FM07 to FM11, so not sure why it's happened in both the games I have started with FM12. Really sucks as I finally got back into FM12 and wanted to commit to a long term save.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Just giving an update in case someone searches for this in the future.

I started a new save and holidayed 18 months, everything seemed fine. Joined Dortmund and finished the season, now new season has rolled over and all the player history is fine. I'm hoping it stays like that.

What I did:

- Untick 'Compress saved games'

- Tick 'Use data folder' (right down the bottom of the preferences page).

- Add Steam folder(C: drive) and your Sports Interactive folder (My documents) to trusted program's for your virus protection (the whole folder). Click anything that stops these folders ever getting scanned. My virus protection allowed me to exclude these folders from programmed/scheduled scan and real time scan. Make sure you find these options as I believe the major culprit is the real time scan.

Your virus protection will run a scan at default intervals to check for viruses, when it does this, it can corrupt the temp file when playing FM that affects your player history. Now with the changes, these temp files are kept in your 'User data' folder which is being excluded, therefore bypassing ever being affected by a scan.

At least I think that's how it works. I will continue with this save and post back if the bug returns.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Because it's recalculated on the fixture creation day. Each league has a day when all the fixtures are calculated and the new season officially takes over from the new one (eg, all stats cleared, etc.). When this occurs it also starts a new season in the players history, so for instance 2017/18 season will get created 'locking' in the 2016/17 stats. When the history temp file gets deleted/moved it can't find all this history so replaces it with Algeria or a random league/club and zero stats.

It happened to me after updating to the latest patch yesterday! Now everyone with a history after starting date have played for Algerie with 0 apps, and no more.

It was a game I really enjoyed, came as far as 2018.

So this isnt fixable? May this happen with the next game I start as well? To be honest, Im very pissed if this is because I just updated the game.

Nothing to do with updating the game if you followed my recommendations. For instance if you only selected the 1400 folder in the Football Manager data files area to be excluded from scans, then once you updated to 1430 it wouldn't exclude that. If you catch my drift.

This occurred with FM11 if I remember correctly and go by the post date. Since then, and doing those changes I've had no problems.

- Basically make sure any virus software does NOT scan while your playing. Most do, without you knowing. Eg. Real time scanning.

- So you need to exclude the above folders I mentioned. Eg. My Documents-Sports Interactive and the Steam folder under C drive.

- NEVER run CCleaner while Fm is open. In fact don't run any program along those lines, eg. Defragger, disk cleanup, etc.

I hope this helps as I know how bad it can be losing a long term save. I'd prefer SI sorted out how the history temp files acts though, so it can't get deleted/removed by third party software. But for now, this is the only way I've prevented it ever happening again *touch wood*.

Archived