Player movement that makes you happy(not to your team)

So has anyone else seen any player movement either by transfer or free transfer that made them smile?

Mine came last night, I am in 2020 and Rooney didn't sign a new contract with united. I tried to sign him to PSG but he wanted rediculous money for a 34 year old, so left it. I was sad to see Arsenal the only other team interested. But thought nothing on it and played on. 2 Weeks later he signed for a club. He had chosen to return home, back to Everton. I love that fact, not an Everton supporter but more the fact Rooney went home.

Anyone else seen any like this?

Personally I like to see Real and Barca and other dynasties kind of start to crumble, just because the talents they have in the early game is very tough for them to maintain (what with me signing all the talented lads 2 years before they are on most teams radar!). So I guess I enjoy seeing my competition not keep their squad youthful and forward-looking. Then of course they start trying to poach my youngsters away! I am always just laughing to myself any time Barca or Real or Man City come in for one of my u20 players, and offer 2.3m of whatever the players' value supposedly is. I mean, come on, Barca and Real and Man City all want a youth on your team, hmm, do you think you should sell him for peanuts??? Of course not, develop the lad!

Not player transfers but on my FM11 games I holidayed for awhile to see what happened I got to 2121. I looked back at team and competition history and saw that Atletico Madrid were brilliant from 2040-2050 but after that had not had a top 3 finish from 2050-2121. Turns out Wilson Palacios had led them to the Champions League four times and the league six times with four second places. Before this he was Spurs manager and won the league twice and the Champions League twice with them, he was the second greatest manager of all time only behind Alex Ferguson.

Archived