International Player Financial windfall

Does anyone know how big an influence does a famous player, in my case shinji kagawa, have on merchandise income? When I first I signed him I was told he's going to help with my merchandise sell although I never really know how much a boost it gave. Just recently Barca made a rather generous offer for him and my biggest concern would be the hit that I would take merchandise-wise... So is it better to just keep kagawa for the merchandise boost or should I sell him? Barca offering me 26.5m pound btw which is pretty nice for a rotation player, and I already have the young player that might be able to take his spot...

Second question is if I add another player(s) that can boost merchandising sales do the boost add-up or?

LOL, thats a kick in the teeth. Recently I was in negotiations with Man U to buy their star AMC/ST, a lad I watched develop but never thought he was worth the asking price till he had finally matured. Well, I go in for him because Man U accept an offer from Lazio, so I am thinking, yep, I am higher reputation, I am a famous manager, my team has been more successful than Lazio, I will offer this kid the first thing he asks for, maybe a couple hundred K signing bonus extra for him and the agent. And he signs for Lazio, 2nd or 3rd best in Italy, but still! Rather than play for a team that won 2 European Cups in the last 5 years vs Lazio's 0?!

I find that international feeder clubs will tend to help merchandise sales, as will having a star studded lineup in general. But I mean, have I ever paid $40m for a player and see his jersey sales rather than his goals pay for the transfer? Never.

Archived