Offering non-contract deals?

Hey guys I remember seeing that one of the new features on FM either this year or last year was that you could offer non-contract deals

Anyway I downloaded a 9-tier English league system save from FM Base and am managing a semi-pro team in the North West Counties league. I don't have the option to offer players non-contract deals? Surely if you're semi pro and in the bottom tier of football you should be able to do this to save money on offering players wages even when they aren't playing like what would happen in real life?

Any info about offering non-contract deals?

Thanks fellas

If you want to sign a player with status as a key player (and possibly first team player) you can only offer them a part time deal and not on a non contract basis.

That said, if you aren't doing that it is a problem with the database you are using and you will need to contact the maker of the database to ask them to sort out the problem, as it is not an official SI database you are using.

Hey guys I remember seeing that one of the new features on FM either this year or last year was that you could offer non-contract deals

Anyway I downloaded a 9-tier English league system save from FM Base and am managing a semi-pro team in the North West Counties league. I don't have the option to offer players non-contract deals? Surely if you're semi pro and in the bottom tier of football you should be able to do this to save money on offering players wages even when they aren't playing like what would happen in real life?

Any info about offering non-contract deals?

Thanks fellas

SI seems to have decided to introduce a new "realistic" feature for english semi-pros (or at least some of them). The only players I can offer NC deals to (as Bath in the BSP) are players with squad status 'Youngster' and 'Hot Prospect'. Makes no sense at all, and is not how the club works in reality. But it seems hardcoded somewhere.

Archived