That international failure feeling.

And it strikes aging, 2nd time in 2 tournament since I took charge.

The story goes, i take England to the final of the Euros to be beaten by France, who promptly offer me the job, i take it and qualify in style for the word cup, qualify from the world cup group top then draw Argentina. Niang scores 4 in total in the argentina match yet we still lose. I nearly get fired but kept the job.

Then again qualify in style for the euros. Go to euros and win all 3 group matches. Draw Poland, take an early lead...for my team to get a bit lax in extra time of 1st half and concede 2. Poland come out firing after half time and grab a quick 3rd. We trail 3-1. Pull 1 back but just can not buy the 3rd.

I feel like the French players want an English man to get close but fail.

LOL, yep, those int'l tournaments always come with a few major complications. Tends to happen without fail to me, I will get injuries the day after confirming the WC squad, the friendly before the tournament, the first game of the tournament. What makes it worse is I can't discipline the bast*rds who play poorly, and I can't rest players pre-tournament to rule out injury! But victory in those tournaments sure is sweet!

Archived