Wage cut for yourself?

So I manage PSG and I have pushed my wage up to a cool 250k a week, that is 160k above any player I have. I now want a new contract, but want to take a wage cut to help save some added money, but the board wont offer me less than 250k a week, any suggestions?

my finances are far from tight, I got us from 60mil in bank to 100mil on bank last season, but now I want more money, two big wages are myself, and the stadium. I have tried to buy the stadium 3 tmes but it gets rejected due to "lack of funds" 100mil not enough mr man at top. And if not then wage cut me and spend that on the stadium instead.

my finances are far from tight, I got us from 60mil in bank to 100mil on bank last season, but now I want more money, two big wages are myself, and the stadium. I have tried to buy the stadium 3 tmes but it gets rejected due to "lack of funds" 100mil not enough mr man at top. And if not then wage cut me and spend that on the stadium instead.

This was what I was getting at. The club isn't in any danger if you don't take a wage cut so, I imagine in the attempt for realism, the game won't let you take a lower wage. I'm sure not many managers would do that with their club in such a healthy financial position.

Have you tried asking to build a new stadium instead of buying your current one? I'm wondering if the game is hard coded not to let you buy the stadium as it is owned by the city of Paris.

This was what I was getting at. The club isn't in any danger if you don't take a wage cut so, I imagine in the attempt for realism, the game won't let you take a lower wage. I'm sure not many managers would do that with their club in such a healthy financial position.

Have you tried asking to build a new stadium instead of buying your current one? I'm wondering if the game is hard coded not to let you buy the stadium as it is owned by the city of Paris.

Yup asked to build a new stadium and they so not enough fans despite season tickets going up year on year since start of game until now in 2020. And selling out stadium past 2 seasons every game, I guess they will have some sense soon and give me a new stadium.

Why wouldn't the city of paris want to sell "Parc des Princes" when it isnt the national stadium or anything.

does it actually come out of your wage budget though? I thought not?

@pigface

I'm hazarding a guess here but made the assumption that your bigger and longer your contract the less chance of you getting sacked

I also make assumption if i am on 250k a week for 5 years, there not going to sack me if i have a bad run, it might take a full bad season finishing say 10th to get sacked.

It comes out of staff wages, my staff are reasonable wages yet we spend well over 2 mil a month, I feel I have to be atleast 1mil of that on my 250k.

In my experience if you are badly underperforming you will get sacked no matter your wage or contract length. If the club can afford to offer you a big contract then unless you run the clubs finances into the ground they afford to sack you without too many worries.

It was possible in earlier versions of the game. It was probably taken out because it was considered 'unrealistic'. The problem is that when you are at a very small club, your own wage is eating up all your wage budget :-S

Archived