updating problems

Hi,

I am new to the forum, so accept my apologies in advance. I play fm12 via steam, and last night i decided to update. However it has suspended on 87% for the last 12 horus and wont finish updating or connect to steam.

Please help...

I have tried verifying cache, defraging game content, updating steam, restarting and loging off - nothing works.

Hoping some you could lend your thoughts on what i should do?

Also tried contacng steam, but no replay. Actucally their forum suggested using this site as it will most likely be more helpful.

If there is a way to play game with out update plase let me know!

From the FAQ thread:

Update Stalls:

The installation of Steam might be corrupted, please follow the instructions below to manually remove Steam:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam)

3. Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

When complete, make sure the Steam registry entries have been removed. While doing the following, please be aware that the Windows registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. Mistakes can render your system unstable so be VERY careful when making any changes.

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.

Right-click on Valve, select Delete.

- For 32-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

- For 64-bit operating systems:

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

When completed please close the Registry Editor, restart your computer and try the installation again.

Please re- download Steam from the link below:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

If after the above, the issue persists then please refer to the following entry from the Steam Support website regarding updates stalling at a certain percentage:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5322-QYZB-5344

Archived