Is it just me?

after long struggle AI suddenly change tactic and offen right after in even their first pursuit they put 1 goal.I dont even had time to adapt my tactic and received goal.

I mean right in their first attack,what the heck.....and also offen they switch back to their normal formation if score is in their favour.

Seriously this is abit just to radicale even for football.How can ai do this to score in their first attack after they switch a different tactic?And also why AI is not punished for changing tactics?tactics fluidity means something for ai because i saw sometimes it changes tactic even in 3 formations or more during 1 match.

Well, if you have the opposition formation window up you will see when they change shape before the game tells you. OK, if they score on their first attempt you still won't have time to prepare, but its nice to get that little bit of pre-warning. Also, do they change formation when making a sub, or just kind of whenever they feel like it?

AI changes formation when it struggles and suddenly it finds a magic tactical solution that scores offen right after from first attack leaving you with no chances to react.I watch very carefully ai tactic i dont like surprises and this is my observation maybe its not general and im unlucky dunno what to think anymore.

Another isue is that are way too many goals scored right after kick off from the game start between seconds 30-50.

I am still playing FM 11, but whenever I concede early I always figure I botched my team talk somehow, and whenever I score early I take all the credit :)

Like when I tell my team "No Pressure" or "Good luck" I am almost certain that I will concede the first goal, but my team is set up with high determination so that going down a goal has more positive effect than negative.

"after long struggle AI suddenly change tactic and offen right after in even their first pursuit they put 1 goal.I dont even had time to adapt my tactic and received goal."

Against team that's my equal I play extended mode, I rarely ever see the kind of goal that you described though, I usually see the sign when my defense got pushed too much I change tactic immediately to counter whatever is pushing my defenses back. After 75th-80th min, the first sign I see the A.I. play more aggressively, I go counter/stuck in better safe than sorry :)

"Another isue is that are way too many goals scored right after kick off from the game start between seconds 30-50."

Which is why you need to get your defenses set-up correctly before you start the game :p

I tend to agree with the OP, the way that a team can almost instantly change from being unable to put two passes together while you batter their goal for 20 minutes to stringing together a crisp 20 pass move after you finally score is IMO very unrealistic.

The same goes for teams that are playing an effective ultra-defensive style for 70 minutes suddenly switching to an ultra attacking mentality (or vice-versa), for me the game (ME) does not get this aspect of ebb & flow right as most of the time I'm left with the impression that the ME is controlled by a simple switch & as soon as I move it to attacking all the players will effortlessly change mentality whereas irl if I had been defending for over an hour it might prove difficult to then start focusing on the attacking options.

Archived