Your worse conspiracy theories (playfull)

Hey,

Just had one of those 'conspiracy theories' where I think the game is against me. I know it's not, but I thought it would be a fun topic for a thread.

This is playfull, therefore I politely ask that you do not post your 'game is crap because XYZ happened'. Just keep it to things that are somewhat (in hindsight) are slightly amusing.

My one for starters:

I'm doing really well as Spurs in my first season.... currently sitting 3rd with 21 games played. I have just beaten Fulham and secured a 6 game not conceded run, which is a record for Spurs. However during this game Gomes was injured in the 92nd minute and my next four games are:

Chelsea (away)

Athelita Biblao (Euro home)

Birmingham

Athletic Bilbao (euro away).

Something tells me that I won't be keeping my clean sheets for a while............ :(

What you lot got?????

Regards

LAM

Not too sure if you can make sence of this but here I go..

Last round of fixtures in the Champions League group stages, and any team from me (Athletic Bilbao), Man United, and Dortmund can either go through, or out.

Cut a long story short, Dortmund are winning the whole game away at Man U, as I am winning as well, this sends us both through. The game ends, and the latest score box still reads Dortmund 1-0, brilliant I think, I'm through.

Next screen pops up with the Champions League results, and I see that Javier Hernandez has scored a 95th min penalty to draw the game! I instantly think the game is consprining against me, and rush to check the final group standings, to my relief that I just crept through on goal difference with Dortmund going out. But the main perculirarity being that as my match ends and closes the score is 1-0 Dortmund, and the next thing I see Man U have equalised in Old-Trafford-Added-Time to tie the game.

Just repeatedly hit the woodwork with Barcelona against Madrid in a crucial game in my season. Literally insane all season to the point where every press conference the question about unluckiness is asked. My conspiracy theory is that Jose Mournhio, Sepp Blatter and Sir Alex Ferguson are moving my goals during the match to ensure I'm always hitting the bar! :D

3-0 down after the first leg away to Real, hit the post and bar 3 times in the first 15 minutes and am destroying them everywhere! Ended up only 1-0 up at half time and i knew then i was done. Clearly my strikers, who up till then had scored for fun, were paid off by the Real management before the game :D

I swear there is some conspiracy in my saves regarding Wolves. They always play brilliantly and are a real bogey team for me. This isn't just FM12 - I had the same thing in earlier versions too.

Kind of like the old Champ Man games where Everton were always over-rated ;)

3-0 down after the first leg away to Real, hit the post and bar 3 times in the first 15 minutes and am destroying them everywhere! Ended up only 1-0 up at half time and i knew then i was done. Clearly my strikers, who up till then had scored for fun, were paid off by the Real management before the game :D

Clearly Real Madrid have some master plan to unsettle FM gamers of the world? Both of us same team, repeatedly hitting the woodwork!

Of course there is always the amazing first goal for their team that every player happens to score against you....

Players you sell, namely forwards, coming back to score against you; time after, time again.

This, a million times over. & the infamous bogey players and teams, as well as any payer you generally dislike scoring against you.

To think everyone goes on about Barca being the team that gets all the favours!! hahahaha :D

We're on to something here Milner. This is on par with the JFK theories and Roswell. Watch for the Uefa & Fifa police outside your house, just play it cool. :cool:

• Administrators

Was playing my Toronto game, first game of the new season and excited to see my new players in action. 2-0 up and coasting after 60 mins, my CB hacks down a player clean through and a red card. Then my other CB decides to mouth off at the ref about it and picks up a yellow card for dissent. Sadly he'd already been booked. Two CB's sent off in a matter of seconds, and looking on my bench due to poor squad selection and a mini injury crisis I only have a LB to come on.

I lose 3-2 :(

I got Wales into the World Cup only for Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey to get injured 2 weeks before the World Cup on the same day with injuries lasting just long enough to keep them out of the entire World Cup.

I got Wales into the World Cup only for Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey to get injured 2 weeks before the World Cup on the same day with injuries lasting just long enough to keep them out of the entire World Cup.

Don't usually take such amusment from peoples misfortune, but had a good chuckle at this. But oh dear, I feel for you :lol:

Don't usually take such amusment from peoples misfortune, but had a good chuckle at this. But oh dear, I feel for you :lol:

Glad someone liked it!

After the initial anger I found it quite amusing the first words that entered my head were what a fix the game is lol.

Two players making their steady return from injury are hacked off the park by the same lumbering centre back, wish I could have a word with the talentless oaf & ask how much he was paid to do a number on them.

Was playing my Toronto game, first game of the new season and excited to see my new players in action. 2-0 up and coasting after 60 mins, my CB hacks down a player clean through and a red card. Then my other CB decides to mouth off at the ref about it and picks up a yellow card for dissent. Sadly he'd already been booked. Two CB's sent off in a matter of seconds, and looking on my bench due to poor squad selection and a mini injury crisis I only have a LB to come on.

Sadly, it's only ever the AI-managed teams that improve after having players sent off.

I say that, but I did win a match 3-0 recently after being down to nine men after 21 minutes.

This was on another topic as well but i swear everytime i'm rolling on the league, some AI team will be unstoppable as well and can never have a title won "easily", it always comes down to the last matchday or so.

Getting knocked out of the cup by lower division teams.. happens to me all the time, though it's probably my fault since i like to play a lot of youngsters on those matches.

And how do you exactly get a torn calf muscle after a challenge from another player? The whole hard tackling thing really needs to be scrapped imo, too many in-game injuries.

I thought this sort of thing only happened to us normal players, could never happen to the infamous Brock! :brock:

I had two center backs sent off in the space of 2 minutes against united. The traitor Micheal Owen first gets awarded a dubious decision, sending Carra for an early bath with only 25 minutes played. After the match I slam the ref only for the FA to remain surprisingly quiet. Most dissapointingly of all on this occasion Carra still has him listed as favoured personnel, so starting to think he may of been compromised.... 2 minutes later Owen through and scores, with my team furious as it was clearly offside. TV replays do in fact show this is the case, but the referee not having this knowledge sends Agger off for dissent. Despite there best efforts my 9 men just couldnt pull it back, and that goal sent us out of the FA Cup :mad:

A few versions ago I went a few years without getting a home cup tie whilst playing in England. I did think it was impossible for me to get a home tie, and I think it contributed to me not being particularly good in domestic cup competitions.

Hey,

Just had one of those 'conspiracy theories' where I think the game is against me. I know it's not, but I thought it would be a fun topic for a thread.

This is playfull, therefore I politely ask that you do not post your 'game is crap because XYZ happened'. Just keep it to things that are somewhat (in hindsight) are slightly amusing.

My one for starters:

I'm doing really well as Spurs in my first season.... currently sitting 3rd with 21 games played. I have just beaten Fulham and secured a 6 game not conceded run, which is a record for Spurs. However during this game Gomes was injured in the 92nd minute and my next four games are:

Chelsea (away)

Athelita Biblao (Euro home)

Birmingham

Athletic Bilbao (euro away).

Something tells me that I won't be keeping my clean sheets for a while............ :(

What you lot got?????

Regards

LAM

I actualy made it through the Chelsea game 0-0, through the Bibao game 3-0 and get to 86 minutes to a 10 man Birmingham (FA CUP) with only one shot on goal for Birmingham with Kaboul to pop up with an own goal!!!!!! (we did win 2-1, but dang).

Of course there is always the amazing first goal for their team that every player happens to score against you....

That is my bugbear- debutantes ripping in the 30 yard screamer, even when they are "severely lacking in match fitness." It's rigged I tell you!

Thought of another frequent one: playoff matches, cup finals, I always seems to get a man sent off who otherwise has a good disciplinary record. It's as if they think, "gee, never clotheslined anyone before, maybe I'll give it a go tonight when nothing is at stake . . ."

Forgot one of my favourites, heading into injury time knowing that a goal for your opponents will see you eliminated from the cup or miss out on vital points in the league.

The board goes up to indicate 3 minutes of added time, you watch as time appears to drag by but you feel relieved as you reach 90+3 with no stoppages to speak of, then 90+4......90+5......90+6, we all know where this is heading.

Forgot one of my favourites, heading into injury time knowing that a goal for your opponents will see you eliminated from the cup or miss out on vital points in the league.

The board goes up to indicate 3 minutes of added time, you watch as time appears to drag by but you feel relieved as you reach 90+3 with no stoppages to speak of, then 90+4......90+5......90+6, we all know where this is heading.

The game seems to insist on playing out, in full, every single excruciating second of the stoppage time.

every time my player scores a wonder goal, or my player-who-never-scores actually scores, someone on my team becomes injured for 12 months the entire season, forcing me to replay the match (yes, shame on me)

i once actually got tony hibbert to score from everton, but tim cahill my top scorer gets injured for 12 months

everytime someone who needs a confidence boost scores, the game counts it as an OG because the opposition defender breathed on it.

i am getting sick of concieding 1-2 goals every flaming game. due to corners, or any other set pieces and the usual shot on target from nothing.

but a goal conceded on 45+3 when there was +1 added time? are you kidding me? i had TWO corners after the 45, they get cleared it should be end of half.

While managing Flamengo I failed to pay attention to international call ups. I was left playing a CB in goal for a crucial Copa Libertadores game. Needless to say we lost. After that I pulled my Brazilian keeper from international duty. Four seasons later I was the Brazilian manager and now could not get the best Brazilian keeper on the planet back into the national team, because, of course, I had pulled him in the first place. Talk about just deserts.

I think the ref of the last match had a disliking for me. Was my 500th match in charge of PSG, we take an early lead and all is going well. Then a couple of penalties that dont get given for us, then an offside goal and then its 1-0 HT. Then comes the barrage in the second half, my CM gets fouled but play goes on and its 1-1. Thinking okay this isnt too bad. Until of cause the 84th min comes and a player is sent off, then another one for arguing about the sending off, the ref gave 3 yellows and red for that one challenge. Then being down to ten men we lost it in the 92nd min, great score for my celebrations there.

I have enjoyed managing national teams in the past as I have found it a great way to scout (and secure the signature of) up and coming u21, u19 etc players from any given nation, England, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Ghana... And of course, it all comes down to that tournament, the World Cup! Well, in the past I have had horrid luck with injuries, one time a farcical 5 injuries hit my team in one game! Pretty sure it was the first group game as well... Any way, just recently I decided to take a foray back into the international game after only managing at the club level for a couple seasons. I guess another World Cup (won two) is just too tempting to pass up!

So I am managing Holland, and easily qualify. Now I am picking my WC squad and notice that the fullbacks have really aged since about two years prior when qualifying started. Well, no problem, I will select a high quality winger who can also play wingback, and just compensate for having no LB with a great attacking WB. Well, sorry, he injured himself in the freaking friendly before the tournament! OK, that plan goes out the window. There are no good RMs so I figure we will just have to use an additional CM. Well, first game against Senegal, about 1 minute in, they attack down the left where we kind of just have open space, get the ball into the box, their forward DIVES (the ME agreed), ref awards a penalty, yellow card. The same CB fouls the same forward 10 minutes later, and is sent off! I lost it. I didn't make any change besides moving the remaining CB into the middle, kept the attacking mentality.

They scored a 2nd, and then a 3rd. I don't know who stopped caring sooner, me or the players. Highly motivated, highly talented players, playing a crucial WC game, but the ref has in 10 minutes given the game to the opposition! Even with vast (football) managerial experience I was just completely unprepared for it. What made it worse is that it wasn't a club player so I couldn't even give him a warning or fine him, or even better, transfer list the idiot! I ended up losing 8-0 due to not adjusting at all, and resigned as Holland coach after the 1st group game of the WC! A far cry from the type of results I was used to!

"That is his first ever goal for En Avant de Guingamp"...what in the final of the french cup in the 89th minute?! This makes it 3-3 after we had fought back from 2-0 down to go 3-2 up in 85th. This wouldn't have been the case if the game before didn't turn as it did(read 3 messages up) This isnt just a small conspiracy theory, this one stretches multiple matches.

We went into this final with 4 players on suspensions. 4 First team players not subs.

Match went to added time, Niang who had scored 2 already missed 2 open nets, went to pens, niang missed his pen and that finished us off, bye bye french cup.

I had another a few seasons back, i had a world class central mid player, but very injury prone after he suffered a few bad injuries, i was lucky to squeeze 25 games out of him in a season and half of them were usually games where he was trying to get his fitness back so i decided to cut my losses had my eye on a scottish regen coming through the Athletico youth ranks, offered out my mid and Barca offered me £20m, so he was off, spent the money on the scottish guy and was delighted with myself, even more so when i see my old player is out injured after his first pre-season game for Barca. Get through pre-season, new player looks fantastic, first league game i bring him off the bench after 60 minutes, bang, breaks his leg and is out for the season! I sell one injury prone bugger to replace him with a guy who breaks his leg after 5 minutes of his debut, if thats not FM taking the **** i dont know what is!!!!

I forever fall victim to the "Reo-Coker bug", whereby the game accidentally confuses his ability with that of Messi whenever I play against whatever side he is at.

Oddly, if I ever finally relent and sign him, it then instead confuses his talent levels with those of a poor league 2 defender.

FM listens to what you say.

If you have ever said something along the line of "Rooney has been oddly invisible today" while playing against United, then the next second he pops up and scores, you'll know what I mean...

I always think to myself "my player has had like 2 touches" then the opposte happens and I don't see him for the rest of the match, think he has gone for a quick drink in pub.

nothing more fun then seeing an FA cup draw as man utd - home against AFC bournmouth.... and every player on the pitch magically shoots from range so the thrashing of 7 or 8-0 you want, is just a 2-0 lol.

bring neymar on.. he dribbles through half thier team... then shoots from range -_-

Archived