Training query/days off - Marc?

Marc, a reply from you in an old thread about the number of injuries some (many?) of us experience in training got me thinking.

You talked about easing up on training, which is fair enough. But since I get these constant training injuries even with a pretty mild set-up, it occurred to me to ask whether you are actually suggesting having the players do NO training on certain days - eg give them days off?

I had sort of assumed that the cut-down way training is handled in FMhandheld meant that whatever schedule you set, the game sort of 'understood' that there would be an appropriate number of days off within it. Am I wrong, and should actually set the training to 'none' across the board one day a week?

The problem if that IS the case, it would be very hard to manage effectively because often the game skips 2 (or 3?) days at a time when you press continue - so you would end up with your players not training for several days.

Marc, a reply from you in an old thread about the number of injuries some (many?) of us experience in training got me thinking.

You talked about easing up on training, which is fair enough. But since I get these constant training injuries even with a pretty mild set-up, it occurred to me to ask whether you are actually suggesting having the players do NO training on certain days - eg give them days off?

I had sort of assumed that the cut-down way training is handled in FMhandheld meant that whatever schedule you set, the game sort of 'understood' that there would be an appropriate number of days off within it. Am I wrong, and should actually set the training to 'none' across the board one day a week?

The problem if that IS the case, it would be very hard to manage effectively because often the game skips 2 (or 3?) days at a time when you press continue - so you would end up with your players not training for several days.

• SI Staff

Players do no weekend training in FMH, I'll look into the possibility of allowing an optional setting for no training on match-days & day after a match for the next version.

Archived