Fever players in FM2012?

Hi all,

I played CM3 and CM4 and then FM when SI and Eidos split. One of the great things of the game was always the huge number of players to choose from. I remember finding a player for 20k that was totally unknown but won the assist league. I found him since he had 20 at crossing and something else.

Now, in FM2012, I chose leagues; England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland and viewable Brazil and Argentina. The total nbr of players before the game says like 33 000 (I use the large database).

Still, when I got to search for players, there are only 9000 to choose from! And when I put in one single skill (for instance passing=20) there is not a single player that comes up. THis is a huge difference from earlier CM/FM games and I'm not liking it. Makes it harder to find those diamonds in th rough so to speak.

So;

1) Why can I only search for 9000 players when i thought I could search for at least 33 000?

2) Howcome there are so few players with top values (and im not referring to star players, just one that has a passing of 20 for instance)?

3) Even if i search for passing, creativity and dribbling of 17, there are like....3 players coming up. I find that WAY to little. There should be many more with skills like that (even if their skills in other area are alot worse). So, is FM2012 worse when it comes to the number of players in the game??

Maybe it's the 'fog of war' not letting you see all the players. It could be that you have no scouting links in the countries where the hidden 22k players are. Maybe after doing some scouting around the world you will find what you are looking for.

1: The search feature will only find players that are known by your club. You can only get that number higher by scouting in as many places as possible.

2: A 20 attribute at anything will mean they are totally at that part of the game. Anything that is 17+ is more than good enough to do the job required.

3: There are plenty of players with good enough attributes for whoever you manage. You just need to find them.

My questions for you are...

1: Have you got attribute masking switched on? If so then players might not appear as the attribute you are looking for is blanked out. This again can be prevented by scouting.

2: Have you got unrealistic transfers ticked? Players won't appear if they are not interested in coming to you so this again could cut your list.

Hi everyone and thanks alot for the help.

Ok, maybe it's that that I havent scouted around yet. Since I havent palyed FM for a while now, i didnt know that was the way it worked. I'll try it out.

1. Attr masking? dont know, will check :)

2. I ticked that off yes, but it maye not much difference.

Again, thanks for the answers, ill try the scouting thing and check the attr.masking thing :)

Fog of war definitely and also I do not think you ever see all the players. I think (and maybe i'm wrong in this) that you only see famous players and players from countries for which your club has a knowledge base. In my current save, I'm a French and Irish national and play in England with 2 of my coaches from Argentina: I tend to get a lot of French, UK bases and Argentinian players showing up in my searches. Very few Belgians, eastern European, players from country I have no link to or have never really scouted.

Archived