Why am I doing so well?

I am currently playing as Granada and for my second season I've filled my team with young players with high potential which I saw on through an online thread. Since these players have low ratings, why is it that I am first in the league after 21 games? I am not using cheats btw.

The players with high potential may also have high hidden attributes, and be solid mentally. Perhaps your squad has high determination, physical ability, mesh well, or aren't rated highly by the opposition. See if you can keep it up! Its always a good feeling to bring a talented youth up into a high level player, never mind a whole squad of 'em!

That would be impossible to answer without much more detail. Maybe it's your tactics? After all, that's so often the answer when people are doing badly. Perhaps you're a tactical genius. Maybe you've managed morale well. Although morale is not the be-all-and-end-all, if you can keep it high, it certainly helps.

Even though you are on your second season, your reputation is probably still too low on La Liga which means most teams will be very attacking against you, if you have a lot of pace upfront with a direct style then it's easy to exploit the space those teams are leaving behind.

@Mike7077: I'm using Stoke's tactics. Strangely enough, I'm not getting many yellow cards. Also morale is pretty low in the team since I'm playing only my youngsters most of the time and my older players are wanting out. LULUL

@Coentrao: Most of my players only have 13-15 acc, except lenny nangis who has 18 i think. I don't think it's the pace that's the reason why I am winning.

You're in a spell of good form, and Granada isn't the biggest club so the opponents attack against you. Most clubs in Spain use the 4-2-3-1 tactic, which is a very attacking tactic at the best of times, and when they think they should crush you they are basically leaving only the two central defenders behind in a sort of 2-0-8 tactic. If you by a "Stoke tactic" mean a direct, quick counter-tactic with deep-lying strikers and advanced wingers, you will decimate all of them regardless of player quality.

Yes tactics play a great part in this. Your players (it sounds like you recruited from the -9 list in the good player thread) have good potential and probably, as Achilles said, have good determination. I found with a very low rep club that playing a counter game with 2 fast wingers won me a lot of games as my players (most very determined) tended to thrive while being the underdogs.

Archived