Game allows me to register ineligible players

I'm playing as FC Porto; I'm into my third season. I recently had to register players for the Champions League group stage. As I normally do, I had the computer pick my registered players and then made changes from it's initial recommendations. One of the players it suggested I register was my new signing Kara from Fiorentina. Although I should have realized this at the time, it turns our Kara had played in a Champions League qualifying game for Fiorentina. However, the computer suggested I register him on my team in place of other eligibile players and allowed me to do so. Now, I'm about to play my first CL match and Kara is ineligible. I know he should be ineligible from having played previously for Fiorentina, but certainly I should not have been allowed to register him, let alone have him suggested in my CL squad.

Edit: Turns out it was a Europa League qualifying game. That makes me think that he should be eligible, but either way, something is fishy. He should either be eligible, or be unable to be registered.

Archived