Great little thing -Premier League Extending Season

On my game, Chelsea had a big back log of games due to some great cup runs.

Looking at their fixtures, they will now play their last league game 4 days AFTER everyone else has finished. Thought it was a great touch by the makers

Has anybody else seen this?

Ye, happened to Arsenal on one of my saves after going to the UEFA Cup and FA Cup finals. I wasnt too happy because I was fighting them for the Premier league title and they won it.

Whilst this is a great new feature by SI and as a Chelsea fan myself I only wish the asses at FA would do this in real life, I vaguely remember there being a rule stating all final matches had to have the same kick off time as all other Premier League games, i.e. 10 games being played at once? Maybe I've made this up but I think it's a real rule.

Yeah, more of a bug than a feature. When Tottenham's squad nearly all had food poisoning in 2006 and were fighting Arsenal for the last Champions League place, the FA would not postpone the match or even delay the kickoff. Tottenham went on to lose narrowly at West Ham whilst Arsenal beat Wigan in the final ever match at Highbury to pip them to 4th having trailed for most of the season, much to Tottenham's anger.

Archived