Cost of turning pro

Does anyone know how much money it costs for a club to go from semi-professional to professional?

I've won the Blue Square South and FA trophy, whilst reaching FA cup 4th round in my first season and now have over 1 million in the bank. I now lead the Blue sq Premier at the start of december and I'm in a FA cup second round replay (Sheff Utd) so more money should come in. How much more money will I need to raise to go pro.

Got 4mil in the bank in the BSP and just came to January. Not Pro yet! If I remember right Ljwjones is correct in that League 2 teams just about always turn pro. In other countries I've experienced more indeterminacy in when a team goes Professional. Your 1m in the bank should be plenty though to do the re-signing of players to full time contracts. What is your wage total at the moment?

"Not enough money to turn professional" appears to be just a blanket message with no other meaning that "You won't be able to turn professional yet". As someone said earlier, it will happen when you hit league 2 regardless of finances

In 2011 I was able to offer fulltime contracts as a part time club. In 2012 I didn't have the option :(

Another advantage of turning professional is the increased amount of training your players do. The workload is capped on a very low level for part-timers.

Archived