What team do you always start as and why

For me it was always Man City (being atrue blue), especially now with all the money that they have. But when playing them now I do get bored, because at the end of the day money does buy success. What team do you like to go and why

Always try to start with a lower div. team I have never managed before & know nothing about.

I can't really see the fun in always starting with the same team, even if you are a fan. Must get boring very quickly!

I'm rarely the same team again. Would be a bit boring. Though on FM10 & FM 11 my two best saves were with Inter. One from the start, one after 5 seasons after I made Newcastle a worldwide force (then took half my players with me to inter as Inter had a tycoon owner)

I enjoy playing as Ukrainian teams or otherwise teams from the lower divisions of small Eastern European leagues. Dnipro was my first real game on here after messing around for a few minutes as Sparta but never really getting into the game. Also had good saves with Politehnica Timisoara, Shakhtar, Dortmund and Birmingham. Am currently playing as Slezska Opava which is quite good fun although the seasons are short so there's lots of clicking through bs on the new feeds and not playing games.

I can only ever play as West Ham. I try and play Barcelona-esque football, with mixed results. I use the same tactic, and only buy players that fit into it, and never over-pay for an individual. Think the last time I didn’t play as West Ham was the year that Wolfsburg won the Bundesliga, gave them a shot.

I used to start with AC Milan since its my favorite team but since 2006 i changed to start Fiorentina and it was amazing leading a mid/lower placed team with a lot of youngsters and always lead them to every avalable competition before i change teams. the last save was Dortmund they are AMAZING and i think i will start to always coach in Germany as it's far more interesting than Italian, Spanish, or English leagues imagine!

Always Bromley. I support them, and even if I didn't I would prefer to start as a non-league team and work my way up.

If I ever do a different game it would be a proper journeyman one with a random starting team.

Always have my customary Blackburn save whilst I get used to the game. I find knowing the squad well eases learning any new features SI have brought in. They I head off around the continent pick a random side and get on with it :)

FM10 was the first FM I ever played and the first team I went with was Arminia Bielefeld in the 2.Bundesliga as I had just moved back from there when I got the game. Started a new (main) save on FM10 soon after though, was at Southampton as I support them.

On FM12 I've gone as Basingstoke as that's where I was born, got them into the Prem, treble Champions League and treble Premier League winners.

On FM13 I think I will try and go with Fiorentina as I hope to be living in Florence before the year is up, and I also support them - went to my first Viola game irl recently (the 3-0 trouncing by Napoli...). I've had a spin with them on FM12 though and the Serie A is... volatile to say the least.

First save is always an Arsenal one. Then after a bit I get bored, load a couple of Euro countries, Semi-Pro rep, unemployed & see where I land up! Latest one was Saarbrucken in German 3. Liga

Always the save with the team i support: Man Utd

Then I normally try and start a save with a country giant but not great in Europe i.e Ajax who in FM11 took them to Champs league quarter final with R.Madrid

Always start off playing with 4 managers in the one game. 1 is always Rangers, 1 as an English Premier League team, 1 in one of the top leagues in Europe and 1 as unemployed and see where I end up. Always start all as Sunday League and run all leagues including the level 8 English leagues mod.

Archived