No offers for.......!

OMG when will this stupid situation be fixed? It really doesn't matter who you try to sell there are simply no buyers! It matters not whether you want to give them away (which you might as well start off doing) it is the same every time... "No offers for whatshisface....". You can give me all the guff to say this is not a bug, but it is!!!!!!

When will this ridiculous bug be fixed?

Well it's not a bug but I think the transfer AI could do with some tweaking. I noticed that usually once you reach a certain level of reputation and have a decent amount of success it becomes harder and harder to sell unwanted players.

I think the main problem is the wage structure if you are a bigger club. Most other teams are unwilling to pay the player as much as you do even though he might be more important for them then he is for you. So as a result they can't afford the transfer fee or only if it's really low if they want to pay the players wages.

But then again this happens IRL as well. City tried to get rid of Tevez but couldn't agree a deal with anyone since no one was prepared to pay his wages and Tevez decided it was better for him to stay with a team that didn't want him anymore instead of going to a club that wanted him but would pay him less money.

I dont think that there is a bug in the transfer system, but i feel that AI teams "prefer" to buy from others AI teams rather from Human teams.

I dont know if anyone notice, but for example, you can manage a team for 3 or 4 years, i dont get any good offer for your star players. Then you leave the team to join another club, and after that usually you'll see AI teams buying players from your previous club.

This is something that is happening in the game since FM2011 (if i'm not mistaken). I believe that was in FM2011 (or perhaps FM2010) that there was a big bug where players from human teams will be upset and request transfer if you refuse offers from big clubs, even when the offer was a small one.

SI then correct this, but i think that did so by getting the AI teams prefer to buy from others AI teams.

I think I wrote this before in another thread but: Could those who are able to sell players please give the exact steps so we can reproduce that?

- (how high) do you set the asking price?

- do you offer them out or wait for offers?

- Is there initial interest from clubs?

- do you transfer list them?

- age, wage, playing time?

These kind of things...

Thanks a lot!

You want the game to be realistic and yet you want every player you don't need to be sold for a fee.

Have you seen how many players are given for free in real life.

If the player is good or with potential he will be sold.If not release him.

Here are my tips for selling a player:

Make sure the player is match fit and has recently been involved in the first team, preferably on good form.

Transfer list and set squad status to not needed.

Progress a day to see what interest there is.

Use the quality of clubs interested as a guide for the asking price. If there a lot of great clubs then offer for around double the value.

If the player is earning more than he deserves, selling will be tricky. If you can replace him easily with a cheaper player, the AI can.

- I set their asking prices to half value if I don't want them (then lower it by half again if I get no takers the first time)

- Offer them out, always

- Most of the time, yes, though some players just get no interest

- Yes

- Multiple ages, wages need to be value for money, very hard to sell players in the first year of their contracts

I think I wrote this before in another thread but: Could those who are able to sell players please give the exact steps so we can reproduce that?

- (how high) do you set the asking price?

- do you offer them out or wait for offers?

- Is there initial interest from clubs?

- do you transfer list them?

- age, wage, playing time?

These kind of things...

Thanks a lot!

A) Asking Price: I start with around double what I want for them, how much I want depends on finances, contract remaining, wages, how much I think other clubs will be interested in them, which clubs will be interested them and how much they can afford to pay. If there is no interest I'll drop the asking price over time until either I get interest or run out of time and release them.

B/C) You usually need to offer out once you have interest, the ai rarely make offers otherwise. If you have interest but don't get offers when you offer out then your price is normally too high.

If you don't get interest at all and no offers when you offer out at a low price then your unlikely to be able to sell the player. If you aren't going to use them just release at the end of the contract.

D) Yes, transfer list if you don't want the player, it increases the interest in them.

E) Older players are harder to sell, players on high wages are harder to sell, players who aren't playing are harder to sell.

I think the problem is more when managing lower league clubs, players who did well before but not at the standard of the league level you have reached, it is hard to sell them, even though they are proven to be good players at bla level.

The problem is expecting a fee in the lower leagues, very few lower league clubs have the money to pay transfer fees and even when they do they tend to be minimal.

Also worth pointing out that just because a player would be a good signing for a team doesn't mean they would automatically be interested in them. If you are selling a striker and they already have 4/5 good strikers they don't need another.

indeed.. ridiculous to expect any teams to want to pay for players that not even you want .. especially when they probably havent played a game for months and you are managing in lower leagues..

ive never had an issue selling a player that has value tbh... only those who are below standard and overpaid..

i used to have the same problems until someone on the forums (can't remember who, but thanks) told me what i was doing wrong.

Basically, i was running the game with only 6 nations fully loaded and not bothering with any "view only" leagues. I was also loading the large database so the few teams that were "active" in the transfer market were spoilt for choice with whom they could sign. therefore even decent championship players were way down the talent list.

i have now found that when i now run 6 fully loaded leagues and 12 - 15 "view only" leagues with medium database, there's a lot more interest in my players.

My tips:-

1) Try to sell your players at the start of a new season. Your chances are greatly improved.

2) When offering contracts, keep the basic wage low and the contract length short and balance this with clauses and bonuses.

3) Play the "deadwood" in non-important games. first team games can result in some interest being shown.

4) If you're not playing with many "fully loaded" leagues, load the small or medium database but add a few "view only" leagues to compensate for this.

hope this helps

indeed.. ridiculous to expect any teams to want to pay for players that not even you want .. especially when they probably havent played a game for months and you are managing in lower leagues..

ive never had an issue selling a player that has value tbh... only those who are below standard and overpaid..

I think it is unrealistic that Good/Leading Championship-quality CA players on £5-15k p/w not getting games in the PL have absolutely no interest in/from Championship clubs. Players should be as self-aware of their CA as clubs are of their Reputation. As it is now CH-quality players who are unwanted in their PL club will never consider playing at a level they are good at, at the same time as CH-Rep clubs will never consider a player with a higher Reputation than they have currently. The result is that only Sugar Daddy clubs improve "beyond their station" at all, and that most clubs keep their current players for as long as they want to play there.

I agree with the OP - I've had to clear players out that were earning too much and couldn't give them away for free. One had a great season on loan at Galatasaray and loads of clubs interested but couldn't give him away. Got Sturridge on a free and had clause in his contract to match highest earner, became too expensive so tried to get rid of him but couldn't. Ended up going to Everton on his £40k foreign release cause with me paying half his wages for a season. It is hard and you end up sending them on loan for 50% of their wages in order to run down their contracts.

I've managed to clear out players from a Danish 1st division team to stop them going into administration, with no problems. Including one I sold to Roda for £350k in the January window then resigned as as free agent at the beginning of the next season. Quite why they only gave him a 6 month contract I have no idea.

You want the game to be realistic and yet you want every player you don't need to be sold for a fee.

Have you seen how many players are given for free in real life.

If the player is good or with potential he will be sold.If not release him.

If you read the original post you will notice I'm not wanting every player I don't need to be sold for a free. On the contrary, I a, happy to give my unwanted players away for free to ease my WR budget restrictions. So ""given for free" is not the issue here.

You are wrong when you say "If the player is good or with potential he will be sold" it simply doesn't happen in my games. I accept that when you start games there are a few "clunkers"in the squad that it will be tough to unload, but the players I am talking about are good players that have simply been replaced by better ones in my team. I get no offers but, sorry, some lower division teams should be interested when I'm giving these guys away.

Had the fatuous comment yesterday, following my offer to teams to take one of my players for free, "Such 'n such team are not interested as they do not feel the deal represents value for money."

The defence rests!

BTW, BiggusD I am in German 2nd. Div. right now managing Wehen.

I manage Darmstadt with a flat 442 I am working on. I couldn't offload players either. The reason is of course that Darmstadt is the worst team in the league and a 4,5 star player is supposed to be a "decent player for most division 3 clubs, so none of my players are impressing targets for the other clubs for that reason alone. The wage budget was already maxed out when I started and there were of course no transfer money. I suspect that the situation is the same for most other clubs in that league, and possibly also in 2nd division. I know that HSV starts with no transfer budget, for instance. The clubs that do have money typically want better players than you have in 2nd division. Sadly, that is only half of the problem.

You are probably trying to get rid of players that are not good enough for your league. Good or leading Div3 players. Since you play in Div2, all your players will have higher reputation than if they played in Div3 since Wehen will have a higher reputation than most clubs in the division below. So not only won't your Div3 quality players have no desire to move a division down, the clubs in Div3 will also know this and not even bother trying.

Understand your logic perfectly BiggusD but it doesn't alter the fact that in all my save games I have about half a dozen players in the reserves seeing out their time & cluttering up my WR budget.

I am unable to give them away. I very rarely get the "wants money to move" offer which I always take to shift these chaps along.

I would like a "Club is prepared to contribute towards wages in the new club" option (when offering players out) in an effort to alleviate this transfer blockage.

not my player, but in my save Lindegaard was a free agent released by Manchester United. he went on to win the World Cup, won Golden Gloves, got highest player rating, got into the XI of the tournament (obviously), but it's been 6 months since the tournament ended and he's still a free agent at the age of 30

this is my own player, Nicolas Burdisso, making regular apperances for international team, won the Copa America, won Serie A, won Coppa Italia, won Europa League. that same season, i couldn't even get a single offer by transfer listing him at €0

Understand your logic perfectly BiggusD but it doesn't alter the fact that in all my save games I have about half a dozen players in the reserves seeing out their time & cluttering up my WR budget.

I am unable to give them away. I very rarely get the "wants money to move" offer which I always take to shift these chaps along.

I would like a "Club is prepared to contribute towards wages in the new club" option (when offering players out) in an effort to alleviate this transfer blockage.

not my player, but in my save Lindegaard was a free agent released by Manchester United. he went on to win the World Cup, won Golden Gloves, got highest player rating, got into the XI of the tournament (obviously), but it's been 6 months since the tournament ended and he's still a free agent at the age of 30

this is my own player, Nicolas Burdisso, making regular apperances for international team, won the Copa America, won Serie A, won Coppa Italia, won Europa League. that same season, i couldn't even get a single offer by transfer listing him at €0

This is what I am trying to tell you - it is not that other clubs (those which should want them) don't want them! It is them not wanting to move to a club that would want them... There is a gap between their value to a club and their bloated self-worth that is caused by a rigid reputation system.

This is what I am trying to tell you - it is not that other clubs (those which should want them) don't want them! It is them not wanting to move to a club that would want them... There is a gap between their value to a club and their bloated self-worth that is caused by a rigid reputation system.

Understood! Fine! Then surely the FM folk need to put this right so there is more movement of players between clubs.

Archived