Managers hall of fame

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

My Documents > Shared > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2008 > hall_of_fame.dat

Its there. Delete it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just read the thread - not clear on two points.

1. I have my name listed about 5 times.

2. Would not want to delete the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and other great managers.

So, presumably this file cannot be edited to remove my 5 entries and my only option is to delete the above file. Does this empty the whole list in the hall of fame?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jbrowes:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

My Documents > Shared > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2008 > hall_of_fame.dat

2. Would not want to delete the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and other great managers.

So, presumably this file cannot be edited to remove my 5 entries and my only option is to delete the above file. Does this empty the whole list in the hall of fame? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deleting this file doesn't delete the entire hall of fame, only the non-AI players - and it "resets" the AI history.

Actually, The hall_of_fame.dat file is located:

XP: C:\documents and settings\all users\documents\sports interactive\Football Manager 2008

Vista: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\

Deleting this file will reset the Hall of fame. IT will not remove any AI managers such as Sir furious.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Nep;

Does it remove all entries? If I remove it and then complete another season with my game will it enter me again with my full trophy haul or just that seasons worth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll start you again, not remembering what you have already achieved.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

Actually, The hall_of_fame.dat file is located:

XP: C:\documents and settings\all users\documents\sports interactive\Football Manager 2008

Vista: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\

Deleting this file will reset the Hall of fame. IT will not remove any AI managers such as Sir furious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Diet. I work on a Mac, so had to guess as to what each location was called for Windows icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jbrowes:

So, presumably this file cannot be edited to remove my 5 entries and my only option is to delete the above file. Does this empty the whole list in the hall of fame? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a pretty good way

i appreciate that~~

Archived