Massive problem with loaning players...

About 5 seasons into my premier league save, and I have about half a dozen regens aged 18/19 who need game time. I can't afford to put them in my side as they are not good enough yet, and it is essential that they get game time so that they can improve and reach their potential.

These players would easily walk into a league 1 or championship side. WHY then am I getting no interest in them? Absolutely zero interest. I'm not even getting any reasons why. Anyone else have this problem?

I am currently in the 2nd to last week in August. Could it be because clubs are waiting until the loan window re-opens in September or whenever it is?

I assume you have them on the loan list, but did you actively offer them to clubs ? That often helps me.

Also, try to get a feeder club. With Arsenal i got the board to create a loan link with Charlton.

Yes they are on the list, and yes I have tried offering them around multiple times.

I can't get a feeder club atm, but I don't like feeder clubs anyway because you never get a guarantee that they will even be played.

you don´t get that guarantee with normal loans either, or do you ? If you refering to the statement if he´s seen as part of the first team or backup, you can view that in the transfer screen after you propose the loan i think.

you don´t get that guarantee with normal loans either, or do you ? If you refering to the statement if he´s seen as part of the first team or backup, you can view that in the transfer screen after you propose the loan i think.

It's not a guarantee as such, but the club making offer will say either 'cover for the 1st team' or ''could become a valuable member of the 1st team'.

I've got this problem too, i've got a regen rated extremley high but is 3rd choice atm. He's only 18 and scored 10 goals in 9 starts last season. I reckon he could do well for a low Premier league team but when I offer him there is no interest at all? If I was say Wolves manager and he was offered completly free of charge I'd bite your hand off for him! Is the timing of the loan approach critical? Im only just into the pre season.N

I have the opposite problem where in Stoke in the Championship in 2026 and there are only 11 Premier League players on the complete loan list and 9 of them would struggle to play League 2...The last 4 or 5 years there has been no loan market really. Its terrible.

It's indeed annoying but your best bet is really to find a feeder club, specially on England where there should be plenty of Championship and League One clubs suitable for it.

Can always recall them anyway if they are not being used, if they are really good for the division they will normally be picked.

Have to agree with getting a feeder side in either League One or championship. Try to get an average side and your players will get more game time depending on the skill of the individual.

In one of my saves i have 8 players at 2 feeder sides(Bournemouth & Blackpool) and most are playing week in week out.

Almost every time I finally get an offer to take one of my players on loan, the bloke turns it down for some silly reason. It must be too much fun playing in my reserve team!

Archived