Do run and gun systems work on FM?

Ok, this has to go down as something which I'm really proud of in my FM career, basically my team at the moment have scored in 43 straight games with an all-out attack philosophy (on overload with two wingers set to support and two pacy poachers). I have to admit that this is in the 8th tier of English football but still, I have never had a system like it which has been successful in the lower leagues.

Has anybody else here had similar experiences with attacking formations paying off?

I am currently playing a 4231 CA system, I'm in my second season, and scoring goals is becoming worrying (i tend to go behind a lot lately). So in trying to score first, I've been trying a risky idea of turn up my tempo to full at the beginning of the game until I score, then lowering it to normal/attacking. I suppose it is doing more good at the moment.

Update on Cadbury Heath: Won the league at a canter scoring 111 goals. 9-0 home win, 7-2 away win, 7-0 home win, 7-1 home win and 7-4 away win were particular highlights. One team did beat us twice, 4-1 and 3-1, but they were the only team who we couldn't beat or draw with at least once. One 0-0 result with 4 games left cost me a little pride but I'm going to up the fluidity next year to see what happens in the Southern League Premier.

Archived