Mario balotelli, is he all that???

Currently managing at Napoli nearing the end of the season. I have , what I think is, the opportunity to sella very disgruntled super mario from city for roughly 2mil. I was just wondering about people's experience of him, and is he worth a punt.looking at his stats I would be inclined to have a try with him. Thought he might also benefit from a return to Italy! Any thoughts???

as long as he's your star player and you wrap him in cotton wool he's a super star... same as real life really..

just dont upset him

personally i wouldnt bother.... loan him maybe

This is kinda what I was thinking, even if I got a season or two from him it would be worth a few mil??? And il even speak nicely to him ( just moan behind his back)

If you dont play him he becomes a right problem and misses training all the time missed training 15 times in a 12 month period and got fined 2 weeks wages each time, so you could make quite a bit on fines if hes upset.

I personally wouldnt bother with him. He might upset other players...

Better off trying for a loan deal, I got him on loan a couple of times and only had to pay 30 percent of his wages. Also signed him on a free transfer, once his Man City contract expires he is usually available for 50k a week at the most.

This pretty much sums him up:

Champions League final I am 3-2 down with 5 mins to go, i bring him on and he takes on 3 players before blasting a 20 yard strike in off the bar in the 92nd min then grabs an extra time winner.

Crucial game in the League he decided he would shoot on no less than three occasions when a simple pass across to his unmarked teammate would have resulted in an easy tap in, we lost that game 1-0.

he is playing for my Benfica side, on a loan from Man City.

I'm in January 2014, and i play him as AMR with inside foward instructions. So far played 25 games, scores 7 goals and have 8 assists with a 7.32 average.

I'm very happy with him, and he as been one of the stars of my team. I have a 14M buy option, but i'm not sure if i buy him. Must decide untill the summer.

He is a total nightmare and I wouldn't even consider him. He was available on a free on my current save and I still didn't even bother making him an offer. Far too inconsistent, misses training, upsets other players and spits his dummy out if you try to challenge him about anything. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Never had him on FM12 but I was City on FM11 and I played him as AML, inside forward and he was sensational. Top of the assists for a few seasons and plenty of goals too. May have changed on FM12 though but you just have to keep him happy and not do anything to upset him.

I just had him on loan at Bayern Munich during season 3. Did ok, scored 19 goals in total mostly playing as Poacher and occasionally as an Inside Fwd on left. As someone else mentioned got him for no loan fee and 30% of his wages so was pretty good value, although he got most of his goals in the Champs League group stages and the German Cup...

^when I was Napoli he rarely scored in the league, he scored bagfulls in the CL and the cup. I was managing Italy at the time also and took him to the World Cup where he scored 8 as a poacher..

Has never done it in the league whenever I have had him.

I'd definitely go for him on a loan deal. If things go bad (which they may well do) then you can always terminate it and get rid, but if you go for permanent one, you're stuck with a rather expensive pain, who can, more ofthen than not, bring the rest of your players down too

I have him on loan at Everton, so far he has scored 9 EPL goals in 11 games but has also picked up a lot of yellow cards.....got to take the good with the bad i guess but at least if he peeves me off i can just cancel his loan contract and send him packing :)

Archived