Player offered for transfer complains about results - strange conversation ensues

Needing to clear out a bloated 1st team squad, I offer out a defender and receive the following offers, which I deal with.

ChristopherBertramoffers.png

This upsets the player concerned who requests a chat, with the following results.

ChristopherBertramcomplains.png

Now, the conversation ultimately went my way, and he backed down, but the content of the conversation doesn't really match the situation at all. He's getting sold in this window whatever happens, I just want to get a decent price for him (he is a regular German international after all).

Answer #1 : I don't want a professional player getting on with his job, I want him sold. With four top flight clubs from various countries, I'm pretty sure he will be as well.

Answer #2 : There is no option for me to give in to his demands as I've already refused Fiorentina. If they come back with a better offer, then that mght change, but I don't have the options to make a sensible reply here.

His next response just makes no sense. I haven't asked him to stay, and he's already talking to the four clubs I accepted offers from.

So, thoughts and opinions anyone? It won't matter to club or squad unity as he'll be gone soon enough, but this irritates me. Mark it down as insufficient conversation options and hope there's an improvement in FM13?

What I've noticed is that in-game conversations are always binary in their result, good or bad. Since in this situation it's not a simple case of yes no, it's a case of 'no, because I want to sell you for more money elsewhere', the engine isn't designed ot handle it.

I've noticed this recently when other managers comment on my chances of survival as a newly promoted EPL team. Many manager just say 'I can only offer him my sympathy'.

My choice of responses is something like 'yes, I think we can stay up and I'm glad Joe Smith agrees!'.

Well, Joe Smith doesn't agree! He just doesn't hate me. But the engine only knows that he made a 'friendly' response, unfortunately. Not that he made a friendly but ultimately negative response.

Archived