Windowed Mode

I play FM on my laptop which has a higher resolution than the standard one and its widescreen, the game plays fine normally, its a bit blocky but its bearable.

However, whenever I try to play in windowed mode the game just wont have it, and it keeps displaying error messages. Windowed mode would help my system performance enormously because I tab out of FM a lot to use messenger etc, and on vista windows desktop manager has a fit and begins to use up more and more processing power the more I tab out of it.

I have tried changing to "standard" resolutions to no joy, so any advice would be appreciated.

I play FM on my laptop which has a higher resolution than the standard one and its widescreen, the game plays fine normally, its a bit blocky but its bearable.

However, whenever I try to play in windowed mode the game just wont have it, and it keeps displaying error messages. Windowed mode would help my system performance enormously because I tab out of FM a lot to use messenger etc, and on vista windows desktop manager has a fit and begins to use up more and more processing power the more I tab out of it.

I have tried changing to "standard" resolutions to no joy, so any advice would be appreciated.

if you`d done a search you`d have found that all you do is copy this "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen to your properties on the FM08 shortcut on your desktop and then it should work

No joy with that, apparently my system is uncompatible with the settings... which makes no sense at all. So even if I had searched, that solution wouldn't have been the answer in this case icon_frown.gif

Thats where the problem occurs, click it to turn it off and it brings up the message about being uncompatible. I've tried all manner of things from changing the background resolution to that of a standard monitor to running the aesthetics of my laptop in vista basic.

With all other games/programs it works fine in windowed mode, FM just won't have it though.

Archived