Team Meeting's are just ridiculous.

Im 2 games away from the end of the season, thought i would do a team meeting to raise a bit of morale because 2 wins against lower opposition will probably see me promoted. So i address the room tell them the squad is capable of getting promoted, they reacted well, i then asked the room what they thought a player said.

"promotion is a huge challenge but one i know this squad are up for"

Lots of people got demotivated so i asked the captain what he thought and he said

"come on (players name) surely you dont mean that"

seriously what the hell? that has probably messed up all my chances now, thanks SI

I might be going against the grain. but..I've had two team meetings when prompted by my staff and both times everyone's morale raised and my poor results ended..

I only ever do them when my staff tell me too. Both times it has been successful.

I might be going against the grain. but..I've had two team meetings when prompted by my staff and both times everyone's morale raised and my poor results ended..

I only ever do them when my staff tell me too. Both times it has been successful.

Don't get me wrong i have been able to use the effectively in the past, but my example clearly shows it is bugged to hell. The guy didnt say anything negative in fact he was being highly positive

You could be top of the league and give them a passionate team meeting telling them to continue performing greatly only for a whole 23 of your squad to suddenly become depressed over your inspirational words.

They make no sense and it's not common for them to work properly.

I find them useful sometimes but they can also backfire on you, i saw one that was hilarious when one of the players answered that the captain was "talking rubbish, gaffer" and the captain answered if he had a problem with him, i thought they were going to start a fight!

I've only used them when prompted to and generally they have had the desired effect. However I'm wondering if there are other times when it might be worth using one. An example I can think of is when you have just become manager at a new club. I would have thought getting the team together to explain your goals, methods, etc, might be a good use of a team meeting.

I've only used them when prompted to and generally they have had the desired effect. However I'm wondering if there are other times when it might be worth using one. An example I can think of is when you have just become manager at a new club. I would have thought getting the team together to explain your goals, methods, etc, might be a good use of a team meeting.

The only time I ever use them is when things go seriously wrong. A losing streak followed by a team meeting telling them to keep their heads up, then a no pressure team talk before the next game. Gets it done usually. Got to pick your moment though i.e before a game you feel you can win - if you don't you waste your meeting for nothing.

The only time I ever use them is when things go seriously wrong. A losing streak followed by a team meeting telling them to keep their heads up, then a no pressure team talk before the next game. Gets it done usually. Got to pick your moment though i.e before a game you feel you can win - if you don't you waste your meeting for nothing.

This.

When things are rock bottom there's nothing to lose so its not really a risk when you use them. If you use them at any other time you're asking for trouble. They need a serious looking at as the examples in this thread indicate. I think there's too much randomness and not enough logic involved with them at the moment.

Archived